colors misaligned while streaming

Bugs that are actually features.
bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

colors misaligned while streaming

Post by bbgun06 »

I was watching a livestream using Steam broadcast, and I noticed that nearly all entities have misaligned colors. I can see a greyscale image of the entity with the colors below it. Notably, the yellow inserters look normal. That shows that there is no problem with the stream.
factorio steam broadcast.png
factorio steam broadcast.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1478 times
factorio steam broadcast 2.png
factorio steam broadcast 2.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 1478 times

db48x
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: colors misaligned while streaming

Post by db48x »

That's certainly a problem with the stream, though not one I've ever seen before. Because of the offset, you can see the chroma subsampling very clearly, which is actually rather cool.

It's hard to see, but the yellow is offset like all the rest of the color. Yellow and gray are hard to tell apart (low contrast), and the yellow and green of the grass below is also hard to distinguish. In the first screenshot the best place to see it is at the top of the yellow inserters, where the arm turns the grey color of the furnace above it. In the second screenshot the offset is much clearer because the colors are all surrounded by the gray of the UI.

Also, there is no yellow chroma channel; yellow is red+green, so if red and green are shifted, then yellow will be as well.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: colors misaligned while streaming

Post by kovarex »

This is hardly error of factorio.

Return to “Not a bug”