Crashing into Gates

Bugs that are actually features.
Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Crashing into Gates

Post by Gouada »

You have to do it just right, but trying to enter a gate from the side when you have been accelerating on concrete in a perpendicular direction will make you hit the gate. I believe that it has to do with the concrete speed bonus (which is why it is easier to recreate with cars but sometimes happens with exoskeletons) not being properly accounted for when chances of turning into gate are low.
Video of issue: https://youtu.be/mWw9BrGylbg
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crashing into Gates

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't really know if I'd consider that a bug. Don't do that if you don't want to crash into the gate - it can only open so fast :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

Well if I remember correctly the idea with gates was that they predicted your movements so that you never had to wait on them? In my opinion everything should be standardized. Either the gates always open in time, or you wait for half a second for them to open. This seems comparable to the anomaly with speed module 3 costing more than the others, but more important, as this behavior can be quite annoying. Do what you think is best though! :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

Oh I had never seen those articles before! I assumed that this was just an edge case where the calculations were off for some reason... Ok, keep the gates how they are now, and maybe make it so that adding speed modules and perhaps power consumption will "supercharge" them so that they open on time?

Return to “Not a bug”