0.12.8 Build 16825,Mac - Options - Key##

Bugs that are actually features.
lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

0.12.8 Build 16825,Mac - Options - Key##

Post by lyallp »

In the options -> Controls, some key mappings show things like 'KEY61' (which was a minus sign), and 'KEY62' (which is an equals sign), that I set as zoom in/out respectively.

Only a visual thing.

Macbook Pro, OSX latest.

By the way, how do you zoom using a Mac, if you have a mighty mouse or only a pad? I am not a regular OSX user.
...Lyall

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.12.8 Build 16825,Mac - Options - Key##

Post by kovarex »

If you don't have a mouse with scroll wheel, you can always set the value to some key instead.

lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyallp »

kovarex wrote:If you don't have a mouse with scroll wheel, you can always set the value to some key instead.
Which I have done, but noticed the key bindings options page does not show all key names correctly, it shows 'Key61' which does not make the whole Mac experience as 'clean' as non-Mac. The same applies with my other post regarding the 'Allegro' window title.

If this is not a bug, what is it? An oversight?

Regarding not having a wheel, is there any way to latch into the 'swipe to zoom' mechanism of the Mac pads/mice?
...Lyall

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

lyallp wrote:
kovarex wrote:If you don't have a mouse with scroll wheel, you can always set the value to some key instead.
Which I have done, but noticed the key bindings options page does not show all key names correctly, it shows 'Key61' which does not make the whole Mac experience as 'clean' as non-Mac. The same applies with my other post regarding the 'Allegro' window title.

If this is not a bug, what is it? An oversight?

Regarding not having a wheel, is there any way to latch into the 'swipe to zoom' mechanism of the Mac pads/mice?
There is some internal translation table of key codes to readable names. The table is not complete for all the platforms and possible key types. I can ask somone with mac to add other values there.

Return to “Not a bug”