Ressource-Deposits in unlimited map

Bugs that are actually features.
Loki_81
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ressource-Deposits in unlimited map

Post by Loki_81 »

Hi,
as I understand the Ground-Tiles are created as they are explored. In my game (started with I think 0.5) I was hunting for extra iron/copper but all I found was Stone though I set iron/copper/coal to the highest settings in the setup and stone to the normal values. So I would think I schould've found at least one deposit of iron/copper in relation to the five stone deposit I've found.
Additional information: Even the stone deposits are far and wide and the rest of the landscape is just empty (except woods and creepers).
I hope you can clarify this.

BTW: Keep up the good work

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Ressource-Deposits in unlimited map

Post by cube »

Hi, terrain (and resource) generation has changed a lot in 0.7.0 and after. Maps in 0.7.5 shouldn't have this kind of problems with unavailable resource.

For your map, there is a slight problem that if you already explored large areas in older versions, those will not get re-generated. Your only chance is to explore even further (there will be visible straight lines on the ground when the old terrain generator ends and the new one starts), or to start a new game, sorry.

If you want to explore, you might want to use the radar -- it shows you unexplored chunks of terrain on the map once in a while.
Also if you don't want to start a new game, but don't have enough resources for exploration, you can cheat them by using the following console commands:

Code: Select all

game.player.insert{name="iron-ore", count=6400}

Code: Select all

game.player.insert{name="copper-ore", count=6400}
I'm moving this to not a bug, if you have simillar problems in a newly generated map, please bump this thread or open a new one.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Loki_81
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Ressource-Deposits in unlimited map

Post by Loki_81 »

Thank you for the fast reply,
I'm starting a new map, hopefully I'll get my train system straight this time :-)

Return to “Not a bug”