[1.1.107] Spidertron inventory filter bug

Bugs that are actually features.
Coleeloc3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.107] Spidertron inventory filter bug

Post by Coleeloc3 »

Title: Items are not always automatically assigned to filtered slots in a Spidertron.

1) What did you do?

Manually moved a full/partial stack of items from a filtered Spidertron Trunk slot to an unfiltered empty Spidertron Trunk slot.

2) What happened?

The items stay in the unfiltered empty slot and the filtered slot is left empty. (This also applies to partial stacks of items).

Screen shot attached showing some pipe to grounds I manually moved from two filtered slots (One full stack and one half stack).
Spidertron filter bug.png
Spidertron filter bug.png (692.46 KiB) Viewed 399 times
3) What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

In the player's inventory, for filtered slots that don't contain a full stack of an item, if more items are added to the inventory (either manually or via bots) these new items are automatically moved to fill the any matching filtered slots and only any excess are stored in unfiltered slots (or if max reached on logistics request to the Logistics Trash slots). Further, if you manually try to move items from a filtered slot to an unfiltered slot, the item does not move and stays where it should in the filtered slot.

The impact is that even though you leave some empty slots for adhoc items in a Spidertron, they can get filled up by items that already have filter slots (where space exists) and the Spidertron bots cannot deliver new items.

4) Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?

This behaviour is consistent and happens every time.

P.S. I followed the new Bug report guidance and couldn't find any reference to this bug.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] Spidertron inventory filter bug

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is working correctly. The only reason they move into the filtered slots in the player is because by default “keep inventory sorted” is enabled. If you disable it, you get the same behavior as the spidertron.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Coleeloc3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Coleeloc3 »

Thanks for the (unbelievably prompt!) reply.

In that case, is it possible to have the option (or new default behaviour) to auto sort Spidertron's inventory? (especially as we can't remotely manage Spidertron's inventory to resolve any unsorted items).

wobbycarly
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

I logged the same thing a long time ago (can't find the original post), and apparently it's too much of a performance hit to auto-sort the Spidertron inventory.

Coleeloc3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Coleeloc3 »

Thanks

Return to “Not a bug”