[1.1.104] Driving issues with personal vehicles

Bugs that are actually features.
32ElBabi32
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.104] Driving issues with personal vehicles

Post by 32ElBabi32 »

I'm from Argentina, pretty far away from the common enlgish speaking player base and this leads to lag. However the thing that i think should be fixed is moving with personal vehicles such as cars or tanks (trains doesn't make sense and it would probably cause issues). Moving as a character with lag has 0 issues and input lag is non existent, unless you hold space to shoot syncing the client view with the server's.
But it also happens with a vehicle ALL the time without trying to attack making it impossible to drive with a 5 seconds input delay, if it could be done for this vehicles (ecxept the train since it is fast and isn't made for combat it doesn't bother) to force the sync with the server only when holding down space.
When walking if the client view is 10 steps ahead than the server and if something happens in between (like a bitter getting in the middle) the client view gets sent back to the spot in witch the server says that it should be, it is not an issue since this is expected with lag. If this same behavior could be applied to cars, tanks and the spidertron it would make them drivable by someone far away from the server.
If you have a way to test this input lag while on a car you will understand what i'm talking about.
Thanks
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(37.73 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.104] Driving issues with personal vehicles

Post by Loewchen »

Not using latency hiding for driving/combat is a deliberate decision. See as well: 61274

Return to “Not a bug”