[1.1.104] No victory screen after first Rocket Launch

Bugs that are actually features.
zorroz7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.104] No victory screen after first Rocket Launch

Post by zorroz7 »

Expected behavior: After launching the first Rocket victory screen should appear and achievements should be granted.

Actual behavior: After I launched the Rocket I didn't receive a victory screen or achievements.

This is painful because I built the factory to get the Lazy Bastard achievement, but because a Victory screen doesn't trigger I don't get the achievement.

Note: On the same save I went on to get Pyromaniac and was granted the Steam achievement, so I know its not an issue with the achievements as I was able to get one, it is an issue with the victory screen. I have not used any mods or any console commands. This has been purely single player with default map settings as well.

Things I have tried (None of which worked)
- Launching the Rocket
- Launching the Rocket with a satellite
- Launching several Rockets
- "Verify integrity of game files" on Steam
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Factorio
- Sending the save to a different computer

I created a copy of my save and installed "Better Victory Screen" and tried launching the Rocket and that successfully triggered the victory screen after a Rocket launch and "gave" me the Lazy Bastard Achievement in the game, but not on Steam.

Given the above I think its an issue with my save file, which I have attached. The save has a rocket with a loaded Satellite ready to launch for you to reproduce the issue.

I do not have reproduction steps to get the save into this state, as to verify reproduction steps would take hours to build a new rocket for each save. I did switch to other maps with mods between sessions, but never loaded this save with mods. Let me know if you need any more info and I'll provide it if possible, thanks in advance :)
Attachments
factorio-current-presat-launch.log
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
lazy_presat.zip
(9.27 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] No victory screen after first Rocket Launch

Post by Genhis »

Thanks for the report. The default victory screen is disabled in your save file. My best guess is that you installed a mod which disabled it, which is not a bug.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Specifically the mod AP-W17724995960202541683-P2-Kayson version 0.4.3 was added, and then removed from your save.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

zorroz7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zorroz7 »

Oh weird, thank you for looking into this.

I never intentionally opened this save with that mod, but it was something that I was trying to set up for a different world so I could be mistaken. Specifically I was trying to set up an archipelago.gg game with my friends that required some extra steps and clients to get working. I wonder if the Archipelago setup somehow went through all my save files and modified them or if I accidentally opened the this save while trying to set up.

How do I check my other save files to see if the mod was loaded/removed and if the victory screen is turned off for my other mods?

Is there any way for me to reenable the victory screen for this save file?

I'm surprised that if a mod was loaded for this save that achievements are still working for me.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

zorroz7 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 am
How do I check my other save files to see if the mod was loaded/removed and if the victory screen is turned off for my other mods?
Open the console (~) and use a command like "/editor". As far as I know, if achievements have not been disabled by something, it will actually warn you and require running the command a second time to use.
zorroz7 wrote:
Only by hex editing the save. There's a thread somewhere around here titled something or other about enabling achievements.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

The vanilla victory suffers from the same problem Better Victory Screen currently also suffers from.

If a mod wants to trigger the victory itself then it disables the vanilla victory condition. But when that mod is then removed the vanilla victory condition is never restored.

It's a scenario that shouldn't really happen, as ideally the player shouldn't change mods mid-game.

Additionally, fixing it now would break maaaany existing mods. It should be changed that if a mod wants to disable vanilla victory then it has to disable it every time mods change (i.e. on_init and config_chamged). Most mods currently only do it on game start.

Maybe we could fix this rare edge case for 2.0? It sounds really frustrating if you think you finished the game and then nothing happens :D
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

zorroz7 wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:35 am
Only by hex editing the save. There's a thread somewhere around here titled something or other about enabling achievements.
Actually it's quite easy using a command, but it will disable achievements. I didn't test the command so if it doesn't work (crashes) then let me know. If it works it will just do nothing.

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("silo_script", "set_no_victory", false)
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Stringweasel wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:07 am
zorroz7 wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:35 am
Actually it's quite easy using a command, but it will disable achievements. I didn't test the command so if it doesn't work (crashes) then let me know. If it works it will just do nothing.

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("silo_script", "set_no_victory", false)
Yes, but they were wanting to explicitly get the Steam achievement for it. ;)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

zorroz7 wrote:
I'm surprised that if a mod was loaded for this save that achievements are still working for me.
Game only checks if mods are currently loaded when deciding to use the modded list, only console commands check for a flag thats permanently set. It's simpler.

I've attached a version of the save that should work for the victory screen, and isn't marked as modified. Does for me at least. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.
Attachments
lazy_presat_modified.zip
(9.22 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

zorroz7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zorroz7 »

That worked for me, thank you for the thorough explanation on what's happening as well.

You are all amazing!

Return to “Not a bug”