[1.1.101] (Linux) Map zoom doesn't show detailed view when using keyboard bindings

Bugs that are actually features.
musbur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.101] (Linux) Map zoom doesn't show detailed view when using keyboard bindings

Post by musbur »

When using the mouse wheel, I can zoom into the map all the way to the detailed view. If using only the keyboard (because I'm playing on a laptop and have keys '+' and '-' bound to zooming) it stops at the highest magnification before the "realistic" view would be shown.

The mouse wheel always works correctly, even when zooming is bound to keyboard keys. So both behaviors can be shown in parallel without having to change any settings. 80 hours into my first game I became aware of this cool radar feature when tried playing with a mouse for the first time.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.101] (Linux) Map zoom doesn't show detailed view when using keyboard bindings

Post by Loewchen »

What are the exact names of the interactions you changed?

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] (Linux) Map zoom doesn't show detailed view when using keyboard bindings

Post by raiguard »

You need to bind your keyboard keys to both sets of zoom inputs. "Zoom in" and "Zoom into world" are separate entries in the controls list. Binding to both makes it behave properly.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

musbur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by musbur »

It works, thanks! This game has yet to disappoint me in any way. Finally I understand what radar is all about. After 80 hours of play I can finally stop hitching trains to my outposts just to check on things. Or running around my base like a decapitated chicken trying to find the box where I have stashed something I need. Thanks!

Return to “Not a bug”