[1.1.100] Inserter picks up item not in machine's recipe

Bugs that are actually features.
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.100] Inserter picks up item not in machine's recipe

Post by DRY411S »

What did you do? - I was far away from the base when I noticed that research had stopped
What happened? - On checking the production stats, I identified that rocket launches had stopped. This was because an inserter had a blue chip in its hand instead of an RCU (on a shared belt). The progress towards a launch was 0%
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway! - I didn't expect it to stop!
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes? - I don't know
If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps! - You could try to reproduce I guess

I might be misremembering, but don't inserters only grab things from a shared belt if the machine that they are inserting into needs those items. It's as if the silo goes into a state (perhaps during launch) where it is making nothing? I've included a pic of the set up I was using AFTER I fixed it by using the stack filter inserter in the pic, filtered for RCUs, but the problem occurred when I had an ordinary stack inserter.
Screenshot 2024-01-25 213330.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 213330.png (2.27 MiB) Viewed 278 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.100] Inserter picks up item not in machine's recipe

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is working correctly; inserters will pick up any item that fits into the rocket once the rocket is crafted. To avoid that you can simply not feed it items you don't want launched or use filter inserters to only grab the rocket ingredients.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.100] Inserter picks up item not in machine's recipe

Post by DRY411S »

Ah, so it's loading the blue chip as 'cargo'? Thanks!

Return to “Not a bug”