[1.1.101]Horizontal scrollwheel tilt not working as expected (non-apple mouse)

Bugs that are actually features.
ingmarins
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.101]Horizontal scrollwheel tilt not working as expected (non-apple mouse)

Post by ingmarins »

TL;DR: Horizontal scroll doesn't work, but also does, but backwards.

Windows 10, Logitech M705. The mouse has a feature of tilting the scrollwheel sideways to do horizontal scroll.
In control settings, trying to bind a control to [left or right scroll] results in binding [Mouse wheel up/down], however in large GUIs with a horizontal scrollbar, like map generation preview or tech tree (might need to increase GUI scale), it scrolls horizontally, but opposite direction to how other programs behave (tilting to the right scrolls to the right in Chrome or Notepad++, but left in Factorio).
Ideally I'd love to bind [Blueprint book next/previous] and [Next/Previous clipboard] to [left or right scroll] as an alternative, but in the mean time I can make do with Logi Options+ software to change the scrollwheel tilt to [Shift-Page up/down] when Factorio is in focus.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Donion] [1.1.101]Horizontal scrollwheel tilt not working as expected (non-apple mouse)

Post by Donion »

Thanks for the report.

First, the horizontal scrolling working backwards in GUIs has been already fixed for 2.0.

Second, horizontal scrolling being treated as vertical scrolling (scroll left = scroll up, scroll right = scroll down) for control binds is intentional, so I'm moving this to not a bug.
I can see myself changing it to support horizontal scrolling fully, but not any time soon, as this is a minor thing, maybe for 2.0 but more likely for 2.1.

ingmarins
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.101]Horizontal scrollwheel tilt not working as expected (non-apple mouse)

Post by ingmarins »

Awesome, as mine is a Logitech mouse, I can just use the Options+ software to change the horizontal buttons to some keyboard combo and bind that instead, so for me it's not that big of a problem

Return to “Not a bug”