[1.1.101] can't manually craft

Bugs that are actually features.
camela_camera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.101] can't manually craft

Post by camela_camera »

i can't manually craft. i disabled all mods and started a new game, and i still can't manually craft

specifically, i believe that i can craft by clicking on items in the crafting window which are bright and not dark to indicate that i have ingredients for them (for example, iron gear when i have iron plates in inventory); i click, nothing happens

i thought that perhaps i had a mod to prevent crafting, since i want to avoid crafting, but it's needed for a couple things with the space exploration navigation satellite. alas

( p.s. disabling and enabling mods resets the icons to the right of the quickbar :( this is bad too )
( p.p.s. installing a much earlier version of factorio and then going back to the current one deletes all of your blueprints :(((( )
( maybe i should make bug reports for these too but ehh they're not game breaking)
Attachments
no be craft.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
factorio-current.log
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] can't manually craft

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report however i cannot reproduce any issues with crafting. Using your save file i can normally craft and i see there were no permissions changed in the game so everything should be fine.

Please verify if Settings > Controls > "Craft 1" and other are set to a known to you controls, and if nothing works please reset all controls to default.

camela_camera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by camela_camera »

thaat would do it thx

i had a distant feeling that it was something i did that i could not remember

the controls settings window is aversive

feature requests:
- search by key (there are already many boxes which, when clicked, let you enter a key. there needs to be a search box (could be to the left of search) which, when clicked, searches for the key you enter)
- search for entries which have no associated key

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

camela_camera wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:08 am
- search by key (there are already many boxes which, when clicked, let you enter a key. there needs to be a search box (could be to the left of search) which, when clicked, searches for the key you enter)
This already exists. You just type in the key combination you're looking for. If you're looking for something assigned to Control-E, you actually type in the search box

Code: Select all

Control-E
Try it!

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

About searching: If you're searching for the function that uses ctrl-e, don't simply press ctrl-e in the search box but literally type "c", "t", "r", "l", "-", "e" - it matches literally what's displayed on the buttons on the screen, and if you switched to a different language, you need to type the displayed localized words.

camela_camera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by camela_camera »

maybe.
but it's annoying to type.
not to mention that `control+i` will match all your `control shift` and `control click` also.
and just try searching for functions assigned the key `e`

so i request feature

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

camela_camera wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:06 pm
i request feature
This is a closed bug report, for feature requests see viewforum.php?f=6.

Return to “Not a bug”