[1.1.87] Permission "set_linked_container_link_i_d" doesnt allow not admin to edit linked chest symbol

Bugs that are actually features.
Masamune00
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.87] Permission "set_linked_container_link_i_d" doesnt allow not admin to edit linked chest symbol

Post by Masamune00 »

Hello,

Factorio 1.1.87

We tried to give not admins players the possibility to edit linked chest symbol, by giving them this permission "set_linked_container_link_i_d", however it did nothing. And players needed to be admin for that.

Is it possible to make it possible for not admin to edit linked chest with this permission? Or maybe there is a bug in this permission..?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Masa

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.87] Permission "set_linked_container_link_i_d" doesnt allow not admin to edit linked chest symbol

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that’s not how those permissions work. Those permissions block or allow the action from happening outside of all other control logic. By default everyone has permissions to perform any action the game otherwise says they can do. The permissions logic simply allows blocking what would otherwise be allowed.

Linked containers have a prototype value which determines if non admins can change the link ID; https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Lin ... r#gui_mode
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”