[v1.1.74] Construction Robots build normal Concrete over Hazard Concrete Ghost

Bugs that are actually features.
vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[v1.1.74] Construction Robots build normal Concrete over Hazard Concrete Ghost

Post by vangrunz »

Hello,

I've some blueprints with normal Refined Concrete & Refined Hazard Conrete mixed. If I ghost them on the ground, the Construction Robots place normal Refined Concrete on the places where Refined Hazard Concrete should be. In my inventory, I have both types of Concrete at the same time available.

I'm confused why the Construction Robots ignore the Concrete type. It took me a little time to find out how to remove tiles only via Deconstruction Planner while keeping my factories. ;)

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [v1.1.74] Construction Robots build normal Concrete over Hazard Concrete Ghost

Post by DaleStan »

1) Can you post one of the blueprints, please?
2) Are you using MultiConcrete, the "Concrete rotates to hazard" setting of Picker Tweaks, or anything else that changes the rotation behavior of concrete?

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [v1.1.74] Construction Robots build normal Concrete over Hazard Concrete Ghost

Post by vangrunz »

Here's the blueprint:

https://pastebin.com/Hc34FCSc

The blueprint export string is too big for this forum.

What is "MultiConcrete"?

I did not rotate anything. Also, I do not know what is meant with "Picker Tweaks". Is this a mod?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

vangrunz wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 pm
Here's the blueprint:
https://pastebin.com/Hc34FCSc
That link is dead.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

Hum...they must have deleted it shortly after I uploaded it. If you know another site to share code, let me know. Hint: factorioprints.com doesn't work with three browsers I used, every time there's a "loading" which never ends although all scripts are granted.

Please try this:

https://pastecode.io/s/9uz8v1qt

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Cannot reproduce, post a vanilla save and exact steps to produce the issue please.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

I've copied my current game files, deleted all mods, loaded my save game, ghosted my blueprint and cannot reproduce it, too.

It seems that some mod is interfering with Concrete placement, although there's no Concrete/Bot modifying mod loaded.

Here's my vanilla save (all mods deleted):

https://fastupload.io/QnkJiymZi0jlI4I/file

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

vangrunz wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:58 pm
It seems that some mod is interfering with Concrete placement, although there's no Concrete/Bot modifying mod loaded.
Yeah, there doesn't need to be. Some bad logic somewhere, or some mods even that make changes to things that have nothing to do with them *cough*AAI*cough*. You can try disabling the mods half at a time until you narrow it down. Although it could also be an interaction between multiple mods that causes the behavior, too.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

I've rushed through my mods and eleminated a whole bunch of characters including a character selector called "miniMAXIme" which anyway spitted out (after an update!) an error message that made no sense, in the style: "I am your character selector, but you don't have one!". Also, there were some redundant time & speed tools I eradicated (who needs a clock combinator anyway...).

After that sweep, it now places correct the corresponding type of Concrete on the ghost entities.

Thank you all for help! (Some of the) mods were the culprit, indeed.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

vangrunz wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:40 am
I've rushed through my mods and eleminated a whole bunch of characters including a character selector called "miniMAXIme" which anyway spitted out (after an update!) an error message that made no sense, in the style: "I am your character selector, but you don't have one!". Also, there were some redundant time & speed tools I eradicated (who needs a clock combinator anyway...).
The mod printing that message would have been the CharacterModHelper which tries to detect whether a character selector mod is active if at least two character mods have replaced the default character. miniMAXIme can be a character selector mod, but that depends on a startup setting. The startup setting is enabled by default -- did you turn it off, perhaps?

(I realize the messages from the helper mod aren't perfect yet. There should be more elaborate messages, e.g. "Check the setting" for miniMAXIme, or "You are using character mods that are not supported" for RitnCharacters. I'll work on fixing that ASAP. However, it would have been more helpful if you'd made a bug report -- including a saved game I could sync against -- on the mod portal instead of complaining about the issue on the forum in an unrelated thread that I noticed just by chance several days later.)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

Pi-C wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:37 am
The mod printing that message would have been the CharacterModHelper which tries to detect whether a character selector mod is active if at least two character mods have replaced the default character. miniMAXIme can be a character selector mod, but that depends on a startup setting. The startup setting is enabled by default -- did you turn it off, perhaps?
Nope, I left it active & it was working (see below).
(I realize the messages from the helper mod aren't perfect yet. There should be more elaborate messages, e.g. "Check the setting" for miniMAXIme, or "You are using character mods that are not supported" for RitnCharacters. I'll work on fixing that ASAP. However, it would have been more helpful if you'd made a bug report -- including a saved game I could sync against -- on the mod portal instead of complaining about the issue on the forum in an unrelated thread that I noticed just by chance several days later.)
Well, I've uninstalled all character mods due to several reasons. One of them was an obvious malfunction which could be connected to my bug, so I didn't had any ambitions to further investigate an issue I couldn't help anyway due to deinstallation.

Of course I couldn't have mentioned that, but other players may have a similar issue and are searching for a solution. Because I was way often in the same situation, I've mentioned the way of my solution. I am sorry if you have any inconvenience due to that. That was not my intention.

Return to “Not a bug”