[1.1.74] Pumps disconnect from fluid wagons when locomotive decoupled by script

Bugs that are actually features.
jesta030
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.74] Pumps disconnect from fluid wagons when locomotive decoupled by script

Post by jesta030 »

So I'm using the mod Automatic Coupling System to park wagons at stations and decoupling cargo/fluid wagons to be loaded/unloaded and sending the engines somewhere else. Cargo wagons are loaded/unloaded by inserters without a problem but fluid wagons won't be loaded/unloaded at all.

Removing and reattaching one of the fluid wagons parked at a station will make the pumps engage on all wagons. This might have to do with the Train ID changing. I know fluid wagons are special as they have to be exactly in the right spot for pumps to engage but since my wagons are parked automatically at the right spot it should work.

The behaviour is inconsistent with inserters/cargo wagons and IMHO should be changed to make pumps engage with fluid wagons in the right spot.

Thanks.

[Edit] Video of the issue:

[Edit] Video showing train is fully stopped:
Last edited by jesta030 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pumps not loading fluid wagons but inserters loading cargo wagons

Post by mmmPI »

jesta030 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:34 pm
I know fluid wagons are special as they have to be exactly in the right spot for pumps to engage but since my wagons are parked automatically at the right spot it should work.
There is a special case for fluid wagon as you said but maybe you need more precisions : the train shouldn't have its front part on a curve. More precisely the curves introduces a very slight offset which is not always visible to the naked eye but still present even if the train park itself automatically, it creates fake right spot for fluid wagon placed after a curve, the track becoming straight again making it difficult to understand.

Could this be the case that part of your train sits in a curve ? or it be related to this ?

( https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... cars_dont/ )

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That almost looks like the train isn't actually fully stopped by the time the mod disconnects the fluid wagons and so they don't properly register as stopped. Although I haven't looked into it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jesta030
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jesta030 »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:54 pm
Could this be the case that part of your train sits in a curve ? or it be related to this ?
I updated the initial post with a video involving only straight track.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.74] Pumps not loading fluid wagons but inserters loading cargo wagons

Post by mmmPI »

To me that doesnt look like curve rails and my knowledge stops here :)

jesta030
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jesta030 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:57 pm
That almost looks like the train isn't actually fully stopped by the time the mod disconnects the fluid wagons and so they don't properly register as stopped. Although I haven't looked into it.
Hey thanks for the quick response!
I've added two videos to the initial post, the second shows the train waiting for 2 seconds before the engines leave the station. The pumps engange but then disengange when the engines leave while the fluid wagons are not full. I also checked train IDs and both the engines and the wagons get new IDs when the engines decouple/leave.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.74] Pumps not loading fluid wagons but inserters loading cargo wagons

Post by robot256 »

When I was using Automatic Coupling, I always put a "Wait for 0s" condition on stops that were meant to couple or uncouple. That way it's guaranteed to be registered at the stop for one tick. Coupling stops with no condition at all had unpredictable behavior.

jesta030
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.74] Pumps disconnect from fluid wagons when locomotive decoupled by script

Post by jesta030 »

So quick update, it does indeed appear to be related to the mod. I was made aware of a very similar mod called Signalized Couplers and although the mod appears to work exactly the same (trainIDs also behave the same) here it works:

@Rseding91 Consider this bug report closed, thanks again!

Return to “Not a bug”