[1.1.70] Ammo disappears when transferring from spider to player

Bugs that are actually features.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.70] Ammo disappears when transferring from spider to player

Post by JasonC »

Steps to reproduce:

1. Equip the player with one weapon that accepts any type of ammo (presumably, although so far only observed with rockets and green bullets)
2. Place more than one stack of that ammo in the spider's trunk
3. Open the spider's trunk and ctrl-click the ammo to take it

Expected:

Ammo fills player's weapon slot and remaining ammo goes into player's inventory

Actual:

Ammo fills player's weapon slot and remaining ammo disappears

Note:

I've observed this consistently. I do not know if there are special conditions under which this happens. I will post more details if I discover more. Especially, I am not yet sure if it matters if any ammo is in the player's weapon slot or inventory to begin with, or if you're in the spider or not, or if it's even unique to the spider vs. all vehicles.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.70] Ammo disappears when transferring from spider to player

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however when I test exactly as you describe it works exactly as I would expect: the extra ammo goes into the player inventory. Do you have trash requests setup to remove extra ammo from your player?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:33 pm
Thanks for the report however when I test exactly as you describe it works exactly as I would expect: the extra ammo goes into the player inventory. Do you have trash requests setup to remove extra ammo from your player?
I'm sorry. After reading your comment and trying to get more info, it turns out that while I did not set up a trash slot, a mod I have did.

Everything appears to be functioning correctly and this issue is not a bug.

Thanks for your reply and sorry about that, next time I will not post bugs without detailed tests first.
Jason
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Also, you can delete this topic if you'd like to clean up.

Return to “Not a bug”