[1.1.57] Wrong direction of undeground belt when building from ghost or blueprint

Bugs that are actually features.
mekanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.57] Wrong direction of undeground belt when building from ghost or blueprint

Post by mekanic »

Hi,

I noticed an annoying issue with blueprinted/ghosted underground belts.
I'm not sure if it's a mod thing or not but I don't know how to diagnose it - perhaps it's a known issue?

What happens:
1. When I place a matched pair of undergrounds (non ghosted - belt in hand), all works OK.
2. When I put a ghosted pair (or blueprint) e.g. copy-paste existing part of base, and then DRAG an undeground-belt in hand over it, both parts of the underground are the same direction - i.e. they don't connect!
3. Undegrounds placed by bots work OK.

Image:
ghost_underground_direction(1).gif
ghost_underground_direction(1).gif (2.33 MiB) Viewed 1211 times
Game versions:
I have lots of mods (20+). This happens in both vanilla and Krastorio games on 1.1.57.

Log attached.
I realize this may not be a plain game bug but I'm not sure where else to put a query about this? Please disregard if it's a mod issue in your evaluation. Thanks.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(39.58 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.57] Wrong direction of undeground belt when building from ghost or blueprint

Post by Loewchen »

Are you saying you can reproduce this in vanilla?

mekanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Wrong direction of undeground belt when building from ghost or blueprint

Post by mekanic »

If vanilla means no mods then no - but I can try, I'll uninstall all mods and try, or use fresh .zip install. Will let you know.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Several things do not seem right in this video, even the first underground belts do not auto rotate after placing the entrance.

mekanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mekanic »

OK I don't get it. I ran a version with no mods and it doesn't happen - but it's worse, hovering a belt over a ghost doesn't built it at all.
I thought that this was vanilla behavior when I hover an item over its ghost it auto-builds - it doesn't?! So then it's one of the mods I just need to find which one. I tried with several but none of the suspects like module inserting etc. were the bad guy. Hmpf. I guess I can retract this report then? :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Yeah that's not base game behavior. You can leave the report as is.

mekanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mekanic »

For future generations, I started testing all mods I have one by one and found the culprit:

Picker Extended + Pickter Atheneum - that's what does all the good things with ghost autobuild and has this bug.
Sorry for confusion , will ask them about it.

Return to “Not a bug”