1.1.42 Once the Water Pump is removed, the old 'wetland' disappears!

Bugs that are actually features.
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

1.1.42 Once the Water Pump is removed, the old 'wetland' disappears!

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Although this is not a big deal, I noticed such an error. I completely filled the perimeter of the working pumps with stones first. When I removed the pumps, the "tiny water area" was gone.

Note: I'm sure the pumps are in working condition, it wasn't just 5 pumps. I saw the same situation when I removed multiple pumps.

1:

2:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1.1.42 Once the Water Pump is removed, the old 'wetland' disappears!

Post by Loewchen »

If you landfill pumps then there is no water left so you cannot place them back after removing and this is not a bug. If you meant something else, than explain exactly what you mean and what you expect to happen instead.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Thank you. Yes, I said what you understand. This is not just a "big bug" for me. But still my logic doesn't agree.

Water is not something that has been created because it is a pump. > A pump is something that can work because it is water. > Why does the existing water disappear when the pump is lifted?

A destroyed tank, chest, etc. I explain the disappearance of its contents with logic; but why would the area underneath disappear when the pump is lifted?

The pump works because it is water; The water is not formed because it is a pump!

(I exist because of my father, but if my father is dead, I do not disappear either!)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

When you placed the pump there was water. So the pump lowered a pipe into the water and got to work.

Later you landfilled over it while the pump still has it's pipe in the underground water. But when you remove the pump the hole to the water collapses and you are left with dry land. And you can't place a pump on dry land. You can't dig a new well, that needs mods.

Return to “Not a bug”