[1.1.107] Alt or Shift + Pause causes the game to Pause while using a Modifier that is not bound.

Bugs that are actually features.
StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.107] Alt or Shift + Pause causes the game to Pause while using a Modifier that is not bound.

Post by StoneLegion »

I know this will be probably the silliest bug report. But here it goes. I Record via OBS and I have bound Shift + Pause to pause my recording (to make a cut in a sense in the video). Sadly in almost every game that is fine even if the Pause key it bound to pause as I'm using a modifier like shift. Oddly enough Ctrl does not cause this and yes I know I can unbound the Pause, but I still like using it for pause like in most games. I just enjoy being able to use the key for more then one function if possible.

Thank you and looking forward to 2.0!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] Alt or Shift + Pause causes the game to Pause while using a Modifier that is not bound.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is intentional. If a hotkey doesn't have a modifier bound, it will still trigger even if modifier keys are pressed - unless another hotkey is identical - except also having a modifier.

If it didn't work that way, simple things like walking would stop as soon as you held shift, ctrl, and so on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”