[1.1.94] Scrolling 'Controls settings' on Steam Deck jumps to back button

Bugs that are actually features.
dg2assassin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.94] Scrolling 'Controls settings' on Steam Deck jumps to back button

Post by dg2assassin »

I found an issue when scrolling down the "Controls settings" sub menu on a steam deck while on the 'Controller input option'. The menu has three different columns that can be used to scroll down: control description, input 1 and input 2. While scrolling down on the control description, the upside down ^ on the 'Quick panel' sub-sub menu jumps to the back button instead continuing down the list. Scrolling down on either of the input columns works as expected. The interesting part is if the other columns or scroll bar are used to go down a few rows, the issue does not persist on the control description column. However, scrolling back up moving the 'Quick panel' sub-sub menu out of frame, the issue comes back. This happens on the "Controls settings" menu in both the main menu and in game.

Since this is on a steam deck, I am using the joy sticks to navigate through this menu. I can also post logs as wanted in the bug report template, but since this happens in the main menu, I'm not sure if there would be much use for them. I guess that is assuming Wube is not logging UI navigation :D

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.94] Scrolling 'Controls settings' on Steam Deck jumps to back button

Post by Twinsen »

Sorry for late reply.
This is working as intended. When scrolling using the first column, you are jumping between options with tooltips. Since the "Quick Panel" section has no tooltips, the most reasonable widget to go down to is the Back button.

So here you should simply scroll using the other 2 columns or the scroll bar.
I understand this can be confusing, but this is a side effect of a game that has UI optimized for mouse and keyboard.

Return to “Not a bug”