[0.18.34] Train routing not working properly when using Temporary Station

Bugs that are actually features.
NexGenration
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.34] Train routing not working properly when using Temporary Station

Post by NexGenration »

In the save I am uploading, I am sitting in a train facing a fork in the rail merging back onto the main highway. In said train, if I open the planner and ctrl-click on the track to the left side of the fork, it wants to route the train through the right side of the fork and then go all around my base until it gets to the position under the mouse. see attached screenshot
Attachments
bug report.png
bug report.png (78.64 KiB) Viewed 899 times
I gave up on the race.zip
(9.4 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
factorio-current.log
(12.89 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.34] Train routing not working properly when using Temporary Station

Post by boskid »

Really interesting but i am not considering this to be a bug. Train stop for crude oil pickup is in place where it binds only with the rails going to the left. Right turn starts before a train stop. That means standard train pathfinder penalty rules apply: path going straight and left has a train stop increasing penalty by 2000 (https://wiki.factorio.com/Railway/Train_path_finding) while path going right does not have any extra train stops. If you pickup that train stop it will not be possible to place it in same spot again. Only way to bypass that spot placement is to remove curved rail going right, place train stop and then restore curved rail going right.

Return to “Not a bug”