[Twinsen][0.16.x] Inserter block each other

Bugs that are actually features.
Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Twinsen][0.16.x] Inserter block each other

Post by Blacky007 »

If there are two stack-Inserter feeding a production maschine 3 with kopperplates to create copper wire it happen at about 20-30% of the time
while double loading that on inserter blocks the second or both inserter block each other
the moment one is taking the plates from belt the second one stops for a short moment and then it goes on.
if you have runnung the maschine at a high speed you often run out of copperplates for half a second.
a stack inserter need time to pick the 12 plates. I use a fast inserter and a stack inserter together to reduces this stop window.
but then the stack inserter is getting into short breaks because the fast inserter is picking his plates from the belt.
I think that it doesn't matter what productivity or speedmodules are used.
my usecase where I can see this bug is productivity = 40% and speed is 4,25 (240%) or with 2,375 (+90%).
I have a bluebelt full of copperplates.
I think that you will see the same bug with 3 or more inserter working together.
I play at 0.16.12
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][0.16.x] Inserter block each other

Post by Twinsen »

Can you explain the problem more clearly?
Please post a save or a blueprint string or at least a screenshot explaining the situation

I tried to make the assembling machine stop due to lack of ingredients but I was not able.

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Twinsen][0.16.x] Inserter block each other

Post by Blacky007 »

this can be closed - the reason they are blocked is simple - I couldn't get the coppe wire fast enough out of the machine...
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

Return to “Not a bug”