Missing Log Events from the LOG file

Bugs that are actually features.
Drac346
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Missing Log Events from the LOG file

Post by Drac346 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

[JOIN] and [LEAVE] log events are displayed on the headless server console. However, these events are not being recorded in the log file.

Console Example:
8698.089 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:747: mapTick(32157201) received stateChanged peerID(2) oldState(WaitingForCommandToStartSendingTickClosures) newState(InGame)
2017-05-10 08:09:47 [JOIN] <USERNAME_Removed> joined the game
8786.212 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:846: Disconnect notification for peer (2)

LOG File (factorio_current.log)
161381.315 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:747: mapTick(35104347) received stateChanged peerID(5) oldState(WaitingForCommandToStartSendingTickClosures) newState(InGame)
172060.427 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:846: Disconnect notification for peer (5)

The above is an example from two different time periods, but I've confirmed that this is the case for all login events.

The timestamps are different as well. BTW, I like the date timestamp MUCH more than the "time since process started" timestamp for tracking logon events. Please don't fix the date\timestamp if it's wrong.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Missing Log Events from the LOG file

Post by TruePikachu »

It feels like those are closer to chat messages than logable messages, though.

Drac346
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drac346 »

Good though True. I'll review other logs and see if chat messages are in the same format and also missing from the LOG file.

My assumption was that the log file contained a log all of the events. Chat included.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thye're not meant to be there. You can pass --console-log filename to the server to log these events into a separate file.

Return to “Not a bug”