[0.13.17] Steam: "Cloud player-data.json unavailable"

Bugs that are actually features.
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.13.17] Steam: "Cloud player-data.json unavailable"

Post by Bilka »

Hey,
when I launched the game yesterday, my language was changed back to German, the task bar symbol was distorted and my local data is apparently lost. (And my last save currupted.. RIP). After relaunching the game the first two issiues fixed themselves (I changed the language in Steam), but my local data is still nowhere to be found.
Screenshots
First log:
Second log:
Last edited by Bilka on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.17] Steam: "Cloud player-data.json unavailable"

Post by Loewchen »

Please upload the corrupted save.
logs

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

“Cloud player-data.json unavailable” means Steam does not have your player-data.json. Maybe you don't have Steam Sync turned on, maybe you have never synced your player-data.json to it or maybe you or Steam or something else deleted it. In any case, doesn't sound like a Factorio issue. Since you didn't have player-data.json in the second start either, it sounds like Steam Sync doesn't work for you for some reason.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I can't upload the last corrupted save :( I saved over it with an autosave. I do have an older corrupted save though, but I don't remember what happened when I launched the game and found it to be corrupted. I'll upload it anyways I guess so you can have a look at it.
Attachments
main_bus13.zip
(43.66 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Oxyd wrote:Since you didn't have player-data.json in the second start either, it sounds like Steam Sync doesn't work for you for some reason.
I have Steam sync turned off but I used it for about a month maybe? This the first time that I get this error though. Afaik I didn't delete any file, BUT I shut off my compter several times using the power button (causing a "hard" shutdown) so perhaps that's same weird Steam interaction going on there...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Bilka wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Since you didn't have player-data.json in the second start either, it sounds like Steam Sync doesn't work for you for some reason.
I have Steam sync turned off but I used it for about a month maybe? This the first time that I get this error though. Afaik I didn't delete any file, BUT I shut off my compter several times using the power button (causing a "hard" shutdown) so perhaps that's same weird Steam interaction going on there...
You most likely damaged the files that way.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Loewchen wrote:
Bilka wrote:
You most likely damaged the files that way.
The intresting thing about that is that I did that before and nothing broke. So I'll say it was caused by a Steam fuckup and won't worry about it.

Return to “Not a bug”