[not planned] Multiple difficulties in Intro and Campaign

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
PhilZero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[not planned] Multiple difficulties in Intro and Campaign

Post by PhilZero »

Hello!

It looks like some people find the introduction scenario very hard while others find it quite easy. Also, some people would like more assistance in it while other would like to be left alone.

Here's a suggestion: Add a difficulty slider

I would add 2 of them: one for time pressure (biters difficulty) and one for advice level (amount of help, tips, assistance the compilatron provide)

That make perfect sense to me: Factorio is a game in which you can customize your experience. In freeplay, for example, you can change a lot of thing difficulty wise: biters quantity, pollution parameters, evolution, amount of ressources, etc. Why not bringing this customization in the campaing? It would also make it much easier to make a campaign scenario, a tutorial and a demo at the same time since for a tutorial, you can play with full advice and minimum time pressure and for everything else, you can set it the way you like. It would also add replayability by trying the same scenario with another difficulty.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17] Campaign suggestion: Difficulty slider

Post by abregado »

The new player would need to make this choice before understanding the consequences of the choice. At the time when a player decides that they want to make it easier, they probably are already capable of completing the challenge with a reload.

Thanks for posting, but i don't think it will fit well here.

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”