Fueling NPE phase 1 is excruciating

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
Mike5000
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fueling NPE phase 1 is excruciating

Post by Mike5000 »

It's bad enough that we have to fuel everything over and over again but as we haven't been taught anything but left click and control left click every fueling entails a separate trip to the coal miner chest and often a wait for a reasonable number of coal to be available.

The tutorial should be provided much earlier.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Fueling NPE phase 1 is excruciating

Post by abregado »

what exactly should such a tutorial teach? Do you mean belting coal to the required places?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I am guessing its the providing coal to burner inserters and/or furnaces.

Probably the most important detail missing, from what I recall, is that it never tells you how to drop 1 coal at a time. I had no trouble here, because I've screwed around with pre-electricity enhancement mods before, and am just used to dropping 5 coal or wood or w.e. into burner inserters, but since I don't think it tells you have to even split stacks, you end up dropping 50 coal into each burner inserter, or dropping them all, then removing them all.

But, am allegedly a veteran, so I am biased and probably entirely wrong. Stupid hardcore broken scaling totally-not-a-tutorial grumble grumble.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Mike5000
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mike5000 »

abregado wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:34 pm
what exactly should such a tutorial teach? Do you mean belting coal to the required places?
There's a tutorial that pops up telling you what left/right raw/shift/control clicking does for inventory transfers. I'm not sure but it may only pop up if you haven't already used e.g. right click to insert one.

It's good but should be much earlier.

The tutorial should also be extended to say how to re-run it or bring up the final summary screen if you forget something.

And a similar crafting tutorial should also pop up - clicking a hundred times to build belts is no fun.

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”