[0.17.13] Infinite biters before turrets

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
cmoiromain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.13] Infinite biters before turrets

Post by cmoiromain »

Maybe this isn't a bug, but I read countless threads about the "really hard tutorial" for a couple of hours, and for most people the problem appears to be massive waves of biters coming along towards the end of the scenario, while trying to reach a final goal.

In my case, I get literally thousands of bitersimmediately after building a gun and 10 ammo.
Save is attached, just at that point in the game. Try to go to the iron mines and you'll get shred to pieces in about 30 seconds.
If you respawn, depending on where you were standing when you died, they will either destory all your iron miners and then be idle, or destroy a good part of your base (including trying to kill the helper-bot-dude, which is kind of weird...)

If it's just me being a noob, then there is indeed a massive difficulty problem in this tutorial as nothing is explained about how biter spawning works (but then again, my pollution doesn't reach the nests and from what I've read, in the scenario spawn rate is only calculated on the research progress, which makes absolutely no sense and does not help to learn game mechanics.
Attachments
Romain tuto 2.zip
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.13] Infinite biters before turrets

Post by abregado »

it is a bug, as the pollution changes effected the Introduction attacks in unexpected ways. It is already fixed in 0.17.14

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”