Remove "Requires at least 1 Prototype"

Things that we aren't going to implement
TheFunnySide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Remove "Requires at least 1 Prototype"

Post by TheFunnySide »

Most if not all tables in data.raw require at least one prototype to be defined.
Which is a huge hassle when trying to minimize the number of unused prototypes and sprites in an total overhaul mod.

It would be a lot less frustrating if you were able to remove this condition.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Remove "Requires at least 1 Prototype"

Post by Bilka »

That bothers you but not the required prototypes like green/red wire, grass-1, water, out-of-map, small-equipment-grid, small-biter etc? Anyway, that's never gonna happen, at least one prototype of each type needs to exist so saves stay loadable.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

TheFunnySide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheFunnySide »

Well if you spent en entire day clearing tables then adding one by hand then you would feel the same way.
I think the loading issue could be resolved in another way, but i am not pretending that it is top priority. Its just something that would be nice.

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

TheFunnySide wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 am
Well if you spent en entire day clearing tables then adding one by hand then you would feel the same way.
*Said TheFunnySide to Bilka, a factorio dev, who has likely spent many entire days adding assets to factorio by hand*
I think the loading issue could be resolved in another way, but i am not pretending that it is top priority. Its just something that would be nice.
What are you trying to do anyway?
You don't need to actually make use of any particular prototype, you can just make them dummys that don't do anything and are there just to satisfy the condition.

Return to “Won't implement”