usage_priority

Things that we aren't going to implement
Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

usage_priority

Post by Dysoch »

i want the usage_priority to change a bit (more extended if you will)

currently, only usage_priority = "terciary" exist to work for the accumulators.
but changing that to either primary-input or primary-output will not make the accumulators work.

so i propose the same as terciary is done for primary and secondary so the accumulators can be modded to work on primary and secondary (they currently wont work)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: usage_priority

Post by ficolas »

Maybe you can make it numerical, so entities with priority 1 are first etc.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

I would suggest deprecating usage_priority and replacing it with separate input_priority and output_priority, and then having primary/secondary/tertiary or just numeric values for those.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

GotLag wrote:I would suggest deprecating usage_priority and replacing it with separate input_priority and output_priority, and then having primary/secondary/tertiary or just numeric values for those.
this was the old setup. this new one is good, but needs polishing :P
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

GotLag wrote:I would suggest deprecating usage_priority and replacing it with separate input_priority and output_priority, and then having primary/secondary/tertiary or just numeric values for those.
Agreed, being able to set input to terciary and output to primary would be best for accumulators, since if you simply set them to primary for both you'd end up with the accumulators trying to charge before letting the rest of your buildings have any power.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Jinmago
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jinmago »

bobingabout wrote:
Agreed, being able to set input to terciary and output to primary would be best for accumulators, since if you simply set them to primary for both you'd end up with the accumulators trying to charge before letting the rest of your buildings have any power.
I'd prefer secondary on output, terciary on input, with steam engines being terciary and solar panels being primary on output.

Return to “Won't implement”