Add ways to access the tickboxes for trains, train fuels and station names for blueprint updater mods.

Things that already exist in the current mod API
gghf
Inserter
Inserter

Add ways to access the tickboxes for trains, train fuels and station names for blueprint updater mods.

Post by gghf »

Hey there,
I'm currently using Picker Blueprinter by Nexela, which offers a BP updater feature. I've been using it extensively the last few days while building up a new gimmicky circuit controlled train system, only to run into an issue where train stop names, trains, train fuels (and anything else that is not an entity or tile directly marked by the selection drag box), are deleted from the BP. So effectively, I have to redo the entire blueprinting process with the default Factorio tool, including name and icons etc..

In an attempt to maybe modify Nexela's mod to include station names, I ran up against a wall, as I could find no mention in the API or wiki on how to help a mod access these in order to create those tickboxes.

That said, I'm no modder and have very, very little experience with coding in general, so I might not be able to recognize what I'm even looking for.

In this first image you can see a quick example blueprint:

Which in the second image is selected for upgrading and the box clearly includes the stations and train:

And yet I cannot see the tickboxes for trains, station names or train fuels in the actual confirmation window:

I have not been able to figure out how to add these, and unlike tiles with their

Code: Select all

always_include_tiles
optional property, I can't find the equivalent for other entities.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Add ways to access the tickboxes for trains, train fuels and station names for blueprint updater mods.

Post by Rseding91 »

These fields exist on create_blueprint() since a few minor versions ago: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... _blueprint
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Already exists”