How to Mine Quartz (pre-science)

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

bvorjohan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to Mine Quartz (pre-science)

Post by bvorjohan »

Hi, I am new to Pyanodons and am completely stuck. I need to mine quartz to make glass to make science, however the only way I can find to mine quartz is by a crystal mine, which requires syngas as a fuel, which isn't available without any research done. I have tried feeding in a different fuel (coal gas) which did not work. How are you supposed to mine quartz in the early game?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to Mine Quartz (pre-science)

Post by kingarthur »

bvorjohan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:46 am
Hi, I am new to Pyanodons and am completely stuck. I need to mine quartz to make glass to make science, however the only way I can find to mine quartz is by a crystal mine, which requires syngas as a fuel, which isn't available without any research done. I have tried feeding in a different fuel (coal gas) which did not work. How are you supposed to mine quartz in the early game?
thats not a thing in pymods. you shouldnt need syngas to mine quartz.

Expresso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Expresso »

There is an error in the Russifier. there is a quartz mine in the game, but it is called differently

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

bvorjohan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:46 am
Quartz does not need fuel to be mined with the crystal mine.
Raw borax does need syngas to be mined with the crystal mine.

Nemoder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemoder »

This completely tripped me up as well, since you can't place the crystal mine on a big quartz vein but you can place it on things like raw borax. But you need to search and find the right quartz ore patch. My map start didn't have one :/

Return to “PyMods”