pY Alternative Energy - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Alternative Energy - Discussion

Post by factoriogame1121 »

1. Introduction to the game of gunpowder, as I understand it, this is part of the upcoming mod. However, due to the inaccessibility of sulfur to the "evaporative treatment 1" technology, it is impossible to fight or defend against biters for a long time. Please enter something more entry level as soon as possible.
2. MHD generator costing 1 iron plate is this a test or a bug?
3. I wrote that the new recipe for iron oxide plates is dishonest? of this iron oxide in production is simply tons. accordingly, a bunch of free iron plates.
4. Please don't make it easy science pack recipes are the core of the whole gameplay.

rakker60
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rakker60 »

I am stucked!!!
I need used-up urarium fuelcells.
In hellmod it tells that if I make 1 uranium fuelcell it gives also an used-up fuelcell, but when I make the urarium fuelcell it gives not the used-up ones.
See The attached pic.
I can't burn the full fuelcells because I can't research the heat pipes, and heat exchangers, and I need the used-up ones for my chemical science pack.

Who can help me to solve this problem???
Attachments
Uranium fuelcells..jpg
Uranium fuelcells..jpg (739.91 KiB) Viewed 2755 times

Zicandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zicandar »

rakker60 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:32 pm
I am stucked!!!
I need used-up urarium fuelcells.
In hellmod it tells that if I make 1 uranium fuelcell it gives also an used-up fuelcell, but when I make the urarium fuelcell it gives not the used-up ones.
See The attached pic.
I can't burn the full fuelcells because I can't research the heat pipes, and heat exchangers, and I need the used-up ones for my chemical science pack.

Who can help me to solve this problem???
The nuclear reactors both in vanilla and PY have a Constant consumption, so they will produce even when the heat is maxed out. This will allow you to consume the fuel cells, and their "burnt result" is a used up fuel cell, exactly like vanilla.

Zicandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zicandar »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:21 pm
1. Introduction to the game of gunpowder, as I understand it, this is part of the upcoming mod. However, due to the inaccessibility of sulfur to the "evaporative treatment 1" technology, it is impossible to fight or defend against biters for a long time. Please enter something more entry level as soon as possible.
2. MHD generator costing 1 iron plate is this a test or a bug?
3. I wrote that the new recipe for iron oxide plates is dishonest? of this iron oxide in production is simply tons. accordingly, a bunch of free iron plates.
4. Please don't make it easy science pack recipes are the core of the whole gameplay.
1. I think this is a bug and is fixed on Github already. (Based on what has been talked about on the discord and my memory).
2. What is a MHD generator? I can't find anything costing 1 iron plate other then expected stuff (pipes) even in inaccessible stuff. There is a Prop Car (whatever that is) for 999 iron plates.
3. How are you getting tons of iron oxide? Sure, it's "free iron plates", but also used for other stuff later on.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Zicandar wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:11 am
factoriogame1121 wrote:
1. I think this is a bug and is fixed on Github already. (Based on what has been talked about on the discord and my memory).
2. What is a MHD generator? I can't find anything costing 1 iron plate other then expected stuff (pipes) even in inaccessible stuff. There is a Prop Car (whatever that is) for 999 iron plates.
3. How are you getting tons of iron oxide? Sure, it's "free iron plates", but also used for other stuff later on.
because I have big coal-fired steam power plants. I don't know what to do with iron oxide anymore. dozens of boxes. it's a leisurely game. And I still didn't think it was better. to extract iron, or to extract oxide and iron from it.

please don't do anything "free" in a mod that is by its very nature designed for complexity and that's what it's valued for.

I can’t raise my hand to process it all into iron plates. I will do it and I will have ten thousand of them. what the heck? from rust? return the last recipe 10 (or 20) to one.

with the processing of ashes, there is no such garbage - plates of different metals are normally slowly collected there. everything is adequate.

Zicandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zicandar »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:32 am
Zicandar wrote:
factoriogame1121 wrote:
because I have big coal-fired steam power plants. I don't know what to do with iron oxide anymore. dozens of boxes. it's a leisurely game. And I still didn't think it was better. to extract iron, or to extract oxide and iron from it.

please don't do anything "free" in a mod that is by its very nature designed for complexity and that's what it's valued for.

I can’t raise my hand to process it all into iron plates. I will do it and I will have ten thousand of them. what the heck? from rust? return the last recipe 10 (or 20) to one.

with the processing of ashes, there is no such garbage - plates of different metals are normally slowly collected there. everything is adequate.
It might feel like it gives crazy amounts of iron plates, but 10 belts of fuel (read ash) = 0.75 iron oxide = 0.375 iron plates per second.
The only reason it feels like it's a lot is because you have stored them for hours. And a few tens of thousands of iron is gone in a very short amount of time!
Yes, you get some more iron oxide from using raw coal -> tar etc, but even that is a tiny trickle compared to what a single belt of iron ore gives.

As for making stuff "free" in PY, well, there are LOTS of things that are "free" (electricity), or easy to make Zero Input, moss, biomass and a few others come to mind.

But your way of looking at it is very interesting, and I thank you for taking your time to write a really good explanation! :D

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Zicandar wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:37 am
factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:32 am
Zicandar wrote:
factoriogame1121 wrote:

It might feel like it gives crazy amounts of iron plates, but 10 belts of fuel (read ash) = 0.75 iron oxide = 0.375 iron plates per second.
The only reason it feels like it's a lot is because you have stored them for hours. And a few tens of thousands of iron is gone in a very short amount of time!
Yes, you get some more iron oxide from using raw coal -> tar etc, but even that is a tiny trickle compared to what a single belt of iron ore gives.

As for making stuff "free" in PY, well, there are LOTS of things that are "free" (electricity), or easy to make Zero Input, moss, biomass and a few others come to mind.

But your way of looking at it is very interesting, and I thank you for taking your time to write a really good explanation! :D

I am an ardent fan of these mods (They literally develop brains), so I am sensitive to the nuances.
"Free" things can be, the main thing is that they are difficult to implement. In particular, to make them hard to calculate and design.
Last edited by factoriogame1121 on Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nngs_geek2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Uranium-238?

Post by nngs_geek2 »

I'm moving towards the Chemical Science Pack, and was making the Plutonium, and noticed a huge amount of U-238 building up. So, I looked into Koravex, and it appears disabled with the full suite of Py mods.

What does one do with all this extra U-238? The MOX fuel cell doesn't seem to consume all of it either (looking forward in the tree).

Is Koravex supposed to be disabled?

Zicandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Uranium-238?

Post by Zicandar »

nngs_geek2 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:53 pm
I'm moving towards the Chemical Science Pack, and was making the Plutonium, and noticed a huge amount of U-238 building up. So, I looked into Koravex, and it appears disabled with the full suite of Py mods.

What does one do with all this extra U-238? The MOX fuel cell doesn't seem to consume all of it either (looking forward in the tree).

Is Koravex supposed to be disabled?
Looking ahead in the techs I can find a tech that makes it reasonable that Kovarex is disabled, so I would assume it's intentional.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Guys idea. Upcoming mod. The angels had a collection of some kind of spheres after the destruction of the biters. And it went into research packages. Here you can make geolakion points. Tipo biters are positioned in special places. And clearing their camps frees up the site.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Hey, so I noticed that earlier in the development of this mod suite, there was an image showing the various mods planned for this mod suite. Out of the mods available, there is only one mod left that isn't yet in the suite: PY Financial. Is PY Financial still going to be developed? Or did that turn into the now called PY Industry? And are there planned to be any other future mods for the Pyanodon's mod suite?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

donoya wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:02 am
Is PY Financial still going to be developed?
probably not. idk. not curretly planned to be but doesnt mean it wont change at some future time.
Or did that turn into the now called PY Industry?
No? industry has been around a long time and isnt not even remotely related.
And are there planned to be any other future mods for the Pyanodon's mod suite?
maybe. thats for us to work on and you to find out in 1-2 years

RogueNone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RogueNone »

Earlier in this topic (a year ago) it was said that aerial discharge bases were disabled. Is that still the case? I built 2, built an aerial turbine, and I can't get them to work.

Edit: found the answer on discord: because aerial turbines are based on caravans, you need to place a caravan after placing an aerial turbine for them to start working. Also, energy steam engines is used before energy from aerial turbines, so they don't even work properly as green energy unless you have green energy only.

SherpaMcDerpa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SherpaMcDerpa »

Have been playing factorio since release and just started my first Py run with a friend using PyAE. I have to say...this is amazing. I absolutely love this. I tried angel's before and while I very much appreciate that mod, I couldn't get into it. With PyAE, I feel like it's slowly integrating me into the additional complexity of the game and the numerous challenges it presents is just immensely rewarding. Thank you, devs!

ColdGate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ColdGate »

Hi, just got an error:

Code: Select all

The mod Pyanodons Alternative Energy (1.2.20) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pyalternativeenergy::on_nth_tick(61)
__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:94: attempt to concatenate local 'direction' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:94: in function 'draw_windmill'
	__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:144: in function <__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:129>
It repeats after few minutes play latest save.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

ColdGate wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 pm
Hi, just got an error:

__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:94: attempt to concatenate local 'direction' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:144: in function <__pyalternativeenergy__/scripts/wind/wind.lua:129>
Ran into that one as well. Here's a patch to fix it:

--- scripts/wind/wind.lua       2024-02-28 07:26:46.000000000 +0100
+++ scripts/wind/wind.lua.fixed 2024-03-05 18:22:06.557758826 +0100
@@ -108,7 +108,7 @@
 }

function Wind.calculate_wind_direction(surface)
-    local wind_dir = math.ceil((surface.wind_orientation + 1/16) % 1 * 8)
+    local wind_dir = 1 + math.floor((surface.wind_orientation + 1/16) * 8 % 8)
     return wind_dir_names[wind_dir]
 end

When surface.wind_orientation is exactly 0.9375, wind_dir will be 0. Since lua starts counting indices from 1, wind_dir_names[0] gives nil, resulting in the quoted error.

ColdGate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ColdGate »

Nidan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:30 pm
ColdGate wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 pm
Hi, just got an error:

stack traceback:
Ran into that one as well. Here's a patch to fix it:

--- scripts/wind/wind.lua       2024-02-28 07:26:46.000000000 +0100
+++ scripts/wind/wind.lua.fixed 2024-03-05 18:22:06.557758826 +0100
@@ -108,7 +108,7 @@
 }

function Wind.calculate_wind_direction(surface)
-    local wind_dir = math.ceil((surface.wind_orientation + 1/16) % 1 * 8)
+    local wind_dir = 1 + math.floor((surface.wind_orientation + 1/16) * 8 % 8)
     return wind_dir_names[wind_dir]
 end

When surface.wind_orientation is exactly 0.9375, wind_dir will be 0. Since lua starts counting indices from 1, wind_dir_names[0] gives nil, resulting in the quoted error.
Thank you! Fix saves me a lot of time!

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

ColdGate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 am
It has been fixed upstream in the meantime, so just update your mods

ColdGate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ColdGate »

Nidan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 am
ColdGate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 am
It has been fixed upstream in the meantime, so just update your mods
Yes, fix was in latest update, but until that update, I made suggested changes directly in file, and my game become playable

Return to “PyMods”