Moderator: pyanodon

vislle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by vislle »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 pm

can you provide a copy of the save. it looks like its gotten stuck in some kind of load error but i cant really tell whats wrong without taking a closer look.
Sure
https://mega.nz/#!2OJiUC5A!i978Y-BjQSUI ... 8qtDqWfX28

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

fact_farm_module.png
fact_farm_module.png (146.85 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Just updated to 1.2.5 and I found a bug while testing farm modules.

It was fine at first, but at some point, new Ulric corral does not work even with modules.

It happened after I removed all farm modules from an existing Ulric corral. (And they did not stop working)

But I'm not sure that is the reason.

Could not reproduce it with autosave file, but I attached the save file with that problem.

Thank you!

Edit: This is the save file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fv7z9 ... 5eg48ZmqXA

Edit2:
Maybe it happens when I build and put module with robots.
They occasionally stop working when I copy and paste Ulric corral with modules.

Edit3:
Here is the gif file reproducing error.
https://imgur.com/8YUQru6

Edit4:
Tested many times to find the problem, and last conclusion is that it happens right after I destroy a farm.

Hetiil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hetiil »

Hi

I have this issue when upgrading pY Alien Life from version 1.2.1 to 1.2.5:

""
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, fluid with name 'fuel-oil' does not exist.

Source: moonshine-fuleoil-pressing-1 (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
  • pyalienlife
""

If I role back to 1.2.1 I don't get this issue.

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

Having simliar issue as crux042 wrote before.
New placed farms do not work after updating.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

i tested this with a save file before posting and everything was fine on my end. im not sure why its not working but ill check out that save that was provided and see whats going on with it

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

Any new built farms do not work, with or without modules.
This happened since the update to 1.2.5
Game is currently online public, if a save file is needed.
Search for "comfy py alienlife" in the server browser to join.

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 pm
i tested this with a save file before posting and everything was fine on my end. im not sure why its not working but ill check out that save that was provided and see whats going on with it
It works like a charm with 1.2.7 update. Great work!

Hetiil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hetiil »

Hetiil wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Hi

I have this issue when upgrading pY Alien Life from version 1.2.1 to 1.2.5:

""
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, fluid with name 'fuel-oil' does not exist.

Source: moonshine-fuleoil-pressing-1 (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
  • pyalienlife
""

If I role back to 1.2.1 I don't get this issue.
Issue solved. I was missing the Pyanodons Petroleum Handling mod. I had just the Graphics for it :oops:

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Just as an FYI to anyone coming, you can totally go from 17 to 18 and add this. What I did:

BACKUP YOUR SAVE AND MODS FOLDERS. On windows - Steam, go to %appdata% folder, Then factorio. Ctrl+Click Mods and Saves. Right click them, send to, compressed file. Y

Update factorio on steam to latest experimental. Let it update. Open it up, go to mods. Update all pys I could. Add this. Add "Delete empty chunks" mod. Add "Change map settings" mod. (cry because Asphalt roads isn't 0.18)

Let game restart. Double check updates. Potentially restart.

Load save file. Change map settings button at top left. Look for "bioreserve" and make it 1,1,1 (or match other ores you have in that list).
Click the blue button next to it "delete empty chunks". This one takes a moment, so let it go until you get text in the chat saying it's done stuff.

Check map. You should only have stuff revealed around actual buildings.

Let radar tick over a few times, make sure you can find "Biosamples" on edges radar is revealing. They're tiny and pink/magenta.

======================

Now my question. I'm aware of the "moduling" thing for animals, but I'm trying to organise Sap. Does this one have a module too? I can't work that one out, and currently I'm gonna need hundreds of sap extractors.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrbaggins wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Now my question. I'm aware of the "moduling" thing for animals, but I'm trying to organise Sap. Does this one have a module too? I can't work that one out, and currently I'm gonna need hundreds of sap extractors.
no it doesnt sap is just that 1 building with that 1 recipe. no modules or anything

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Oof, that's gonna be a hell of a bottleneck looking at recipes. And sap only stacks to 10!

esso23
Inserter
Inserter

Post by esso23 »

I noticed that Caravan research requires Logistic Science Pack. I think this is not a very good idea, since you need the same tech level for trains. Why would anyone use Caravans when you can just use trains which are just better overall (cheaper to craft, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to research, faster, etc.)?
IMHO caravans should be red science tech. It now takes much much longer to get to Logistic Science Packs, so this would be very nice addition, since it's really easy to deplete your starting area resources (especially Quartz) before you reach Logistic Science Packs.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

About to start a new game and want the full Py suite. PyAL is new, is it stable enough to play now with all the other Py mods?

Got 500+ hours into Py on 0.16, but had biters on and decided to start over with 0.18 w/o biters. Military science just doesn't keep up.

Wanted to ask before I embark on another 500 hour map!

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

Demosthenex wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:25 pm
About to start a new game and want the full Py suite. PyAL is new, is it stable enough to play now with all the other Py mods?

Got 500+ hours into Py on 0.16, but had biters on and decided to start over with 0.18 w/o biters. Military science just doesn't keep up.

Yep PyAL is stable enough to play with the other mods. I started a new game and am about 30 hours in, arriving at logistic science soon and have had no issues or errors. Be prepared for early game to take even longer though.

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

Demosthenex wrote:

Very stable and no critical error I think, but small balacing and enhancing patches comes several times a week.

I'm really appreciating for their hard work, but some people may not prefer slight recipe changes happen. In that case, its ok just not updating the mod.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Kino_ wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 pm
Demosthenex wrote:

Yep PyAL is stable enough to play with the other mods. I started a new game and am about 30 hours in, arriving at logistic science soon and have had no issues or errors. Be prepared for early game to take even longer though.
I really appreciate the feedback. Like I said, I want to have it all in order for a long game. Looking forward to it!

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

crux042 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:03 am
Demosthenex wrote:

Very stable and no critical error I think, but small balacing and enhancing patches comes several times a week.

I'm really appreciating for their hard work, but some people may not prefer slight recipe changes happen. In that case, its ok just not updating the mod.
I'm fine with that. I'm also a programmer and I don't mind providing constructive feedback and troubleshooting. I just couldn't find a release announcement and didn't want to start something this complex if it was still being developed.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Demosthenex wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:21 am
crux042 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:03 am
Demosthenex wrote:

I'm fine with that. I'm also a programmer and I don't mind providing constructive feedback and troubleshooting. I just couldn't find a release announcement and didn't want to start something this complex if it was still being developed.
id call it late beta. there are multiple games that start as part of prerelease testing that several hundred hours in to pyal. the big things going on currently are slowing finding and fixing bugs in the later game and ive been slowly re balancing the t2 -t4 machines and modules in pyal to make upgrades more viable. the module balancing is more additions and tweaks that shouldnt break anything. at worst itll add stuff you might have to unlock that you didnt have before assuming its a new tech

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:39 am
id call it late beta. there are multiple games that start as part of prerelease testing that several hundred hours in to pyal. the big things going on currently are slowing finding and fixing bugs in the later game and ive been slowly re balancing the t2 -t4 machines and modules in pyal to make upgrades more viable. the module balancing is more additions and tweaks that shouldnt break anything. at worst itll add stuff you might have to unlock that you didnt have before assuming its a new tech
Excellent insight! Perfect time to jump in! I started last night, and OMG I missed Pymadon's mods. So refreshing. So hard. So lovely. I'm looking forward to finishing this time. It's like Gregtech, second time on a hell world's the charm.

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

idk if this is intended or not but theres a decent number of times where you can unlock a recipe you can't actually utilize because you need some higher tier tech. Two examples off the top of my head are red science coke processing doesn't actually get you anything as you cannot craft the machine needed to use the better recipes the tech unlocks until you get some green science unlocks. The second one is ulrics. You can unlock ulrics at red science and from non PYAL runs ulrics are the main way to get bonemeal for green science as it is implied here. However to make your first ulric you need 2 alien sample, something that is not unlocked until you are well into green science. This can make the experience frustrating at times as I assume if I'm unlocking some kind of better recipe I will be able to make utilization of it without much extra work (maybe some same tech level research) but being locked out of using my new recipes until I get a whole new tier of science is such a pain, especially when I plan around the assumption that i can use these recipe until I find out I can't actually use them and have to replan my setup.

TLDR: some techs are useless for 20+ hours after you research them and its frustrating. Just move the technologies to the appropriate tier.

Return to “PyMods”