pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What is "raw coal"?

Post by Dragony »

Hello!

I tried using the search function, but it does not support searching for "raw coal" so I found hundreds of topics containing coal.... so stupid!

Anyway.... I wonder what "raw coal" is. The charts say it comes from an ore field, but I only have a coal field and not a "raw coal" field. I am using RSO. Is it bugged/unsupported in RSO?

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: What is "raw coal"?

Post by reapersms »

it's a form of coal that needs a bit of processing, where each step tends to produce some byproducts + regular coal, with more along the way each time. It came in with PyRawOres.

It comes from either raw coal patches on the ground, which RSO may not be spawning, or mined from coal reserves with the big coal mine. Those might also not be spawning, depending on the RSO settings. It may also only spawn outside of the starting area, as it needs a fair amount of tech research to do anything other than burn it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pretty sure rso spawns it as ive seen it plenty of times with rso on. it tends to be a bit outside of the starting area and will appear on the map as the same dark black color of coal

Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dragony »

Oh, do I need some special RSO version? I just downloaded the newest RSO from the mod portal and started a new game with all default settings.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

no it should show up automatically if pyrawores is active

Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dragony »

Thank you!