Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Blokus »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:33 pm
Blokus wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:17 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:20 pm
we dont have urarium on start area. Generate a map with chromium nearby.

theres a limit if start resources, if you know how to force that limit, im open to it. But if you wanna just endose the "this is stupid" rant, i will keep my decision.
I said uranium was excluded from the start area in vanilla. That and oil are the things that are excluded, and that's OK because you don't need them until after you can already build cars and trains.

Anyway, are you at that cap already? If so, can you post the list of things that are currently in that table? I'm having some trouble figuring out what it is experimentally. But my general impression has been that there are some things that are in the starting area like small oil patches that are less important than chromium (if PH is installed of course).

An alternative is to be more generous with starting items as immortal_sniper suggested above me. Although this isn't a perfect fix in the case of chromium because of the need for syngas and electricity to mine it. This idea could also be used to smooth out the first hour of the game by giving you some miners, furnaces, and maybe some wood. (Chopping hundreds of units of wood by hand before you can build a botanical nursery+wood processing unit is one of the biggest complaints about PyCP.)

And finally the main alternative is to just generate maps using the vanilla generator with normal frequency. When you do that, chromium tends to be close by, in fact it's often within the visible area.
some solar too in there

tar>coalgas>singas can be made on spot
maybe like 50 barrels at the start
may some bots for fee at start would be also nice and a basic roboport
look up tiny start
Syngas needs water, if the water and the chromium are widely spaced then you're going to be sad one way or the other (either by piping over water or by piping over syngas).
Last edited by Blokus on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, I had to make a long-ass pipe... at a point of the game when I already depleted my starting iron field and was still stuck with 10 ore per plate ! (but that's my mistake...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

i got used to waterfill

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm
i got used to waterfill
Which waterfill mod? Noxys Waterfill needs sp2 to unlock, and you're gonna need an automated factory as well. Plus you'll need to play it on easy mode otherwise you're gonna need to wait until explosives.

A different, cheatier alternative is to dolly offshore pumps around with Picker Dollies, which I definitely use before getting access to waterfill. I really don't like water logistics very much :)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blokus wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:07 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm
i got used to waterfill
Which waterfill mod? Noxys Waterfill needs sp2 to unlock, and you're gonna need an automated factory as well. Plus you'll need to play it on easy mode otherwise you're gonna need to wait until explosives.

A different, cheatier alternative is to dolly offshore pumps around with Picker Dollies, which I definitely use before getting access to waterfill. I really don't like water logistics very much :)
well there was the well mod too ,
and realistically specking in py u can use a few M/s water so you need a convenient source most often

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

I think the original complainer said they were using RSO, which I also like to use, in which case this is fixable. Just need to change the RSO config file. I might do this in a few days and send it over to @orzelek.

If I got it right, the rule should be: If both PyRO and PyPH are enabled, then add chromium to the starting area (maybe a smaller than normal patch). I think tar pit is also missing from the RSO start area, so I'll add that too while I'm there.

Serega Sunset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Serega Sunset »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:38 pm
I think the original complainer said they were using RSO, which I also like to use, in which case this is fixable. Just need to change the RSO config file. I might do this in a few days and send it over to @orzelek.

If I got it right, the rule should be: If both PyRO and PyPH are enabled, then add chromium to the starting area (maybe a smaller than normal patch). I think tar pit is also missing from the RSO start area, so I'll add that too while I'm there.
It would be cool. Thx

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Chromite Sand from Tailings is back with the latest update (slightly nerfed), so I won't do this change.

Nyakko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nyakko »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 am
Chromite Sand from Tailings is back with the latest update (slightly nerfed), so I won't do this change.
It's tech2 recipe. Player can't research it, because Heavy Oil Refinery need chromium.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Nyakko wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:22 pm
ShadowGlass wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 am
It's tech2 recipe. Player can't research it, because Heavy Oil Refinery need chromium.
I've posted the change in the RSO forum (here). You can make the same change locally, if you don't want to wait for a new release, in the resourceonfig/pyrawores.lua file in RSO.

JCU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JCU »

I have strange rates for lead. Currently I am at red science stage with lead processing 1 researched. I can use the recipe with hot air to make 3 plates from 6 ore. Another way is ore to grade1 lead to plates with rates 5:1 and 4:8. So 100 ore -> 20 grade1 lead -> 40 plates. But it's more lossy then "previous tier" hot air recipe. Maybe grade2 lead is missing in the recipe?

Also, I have a question about copper (processing 1 is researched). Grade2 copper is smeltable into plates: 5 grade2 into 2 plates requires 6 seconds (3 seconds per plate per machine). So it requires alot of casting machines while aluminum and iron, for example, are batch-casted: 50 aluminum plates in 4 seconds (0.08 seconds per plate per machine, same machine). So aluminum casting is 37.5 times faster then copper casting. Is this casting speed difference intended?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

JCU wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:10 pm
I have strange rates for lead. Currently I am at red science stage with lead processing 1 researched. I can use the recipe with hot air to make 3 plates from 6 ore. Another way is ore to grade1 lead to plates with rates 5:1 and 4:8. So 100 ore -> 20 grade1 lead -> 40 plates. But it's more lossy then "previous tier" hot air recipe. Maybe grade2 lead is missing in the recipe?

Also, I have a question about copper (processing 1 is researched). Grade2 copper is smeltable into plates: 5 grade2 into 2 plates requires 6 seconds (3 seconds per plate per machine). So it requires alot of casting machines while aluminum and iron, for example, are batch-casted: 50 aluminum plates in 4 seconds (0.08 seconds per plate per machine, same machine). So aluminum casting is 37.5 times faster then copper casting. Is this casting speed difference intended?
Basically you want to use molten, and until it is economical to use molten, all the other upgrades are either awkward or outright bad.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Blokus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 pm
Basically you want to use molten, and until it is economical to use molten, all the other upgrades are either awkward or outright bad.
The Hot Air recipe for Lead is also way too good. It triples the yield (+200%) instead of giving +50% like with iron/copper.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:49 am
Blokus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 pm
The Hot Air recipe for Lead is also way too good. It triples the yield (+200%) instead of giving +50% like with iron/copper.
They are all +2. This has a big effect when the recipe previously was small. Iron and copper used to be crazy good too but then Py changed the recipe that they were targeting to be 32->4. Evidently with lead that didn't happen yet.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyros ore processing and hot air output increases are currently undergoing a complete overhaul by me to make the jumps between tiers better and to eliminate the issue of hot air improvements not be so damn unbalanced.

look for the new an improved version in about a week maybe 2

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

hot air recipes are from pyPH not ores if i remember well
lead is untouched because early game acelilene is hard to get and lead is needed for fluid tanks , and solder>rails so the lead demand is high

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Playing with pure PY mods no bob's no angel's
Where to use tons of aluminium plates and duralumin?
I started to make high grade nickel and i'm getting many many aluminium pulp 2, i don't want to dump it anywhere? looks strange that's aluminium pulp 2 not aluminium pulp 1, it could be more convenient in PYHT for middle tier electronics

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Mella wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:09 pm
Playing with pure PY mods no bob's no angel's
Where to use tons of aluminium plates and duralumin?
I started to make high grade nickel and i'm getting many many aluminium pulp 2, i don't want to dump it anywhere? looks strange that's aluminium pulp 2 not aluminium pulp 1, it could be more convenient in PYHT for middle tier electronics
I don't think there's really any particularly "optional" sink out there. Of course there are all the buildings that use it as well as some of the science recipes. I think one of the PA recipes might consume aluminum but I don't recall what it makes. You can also just shove it in a sinkhole.

Edit: some sinks you might not already be using heavily, just at a glance:
Boron made from chemistry
Aluminum tile (if you really have tons of it)
Robots
Maybe mega drills
High grade titanium

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Any new ideas for the use of aluminum plates with an eye to the fact that the nickel process chain allows the production of aluminium pulp 2 in excess? Right now I think the nickel and aluminum chains may need a soft rebalancing, just a bit :D

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Mella wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:47 pm
Any new ideas for the use of aluminum plates with an eye to the fact that the nickel process chain allows the production of aluminium pulp 2 in excess? Right now I think the nickel and aluminum chains may need a soft rebalancing, just a bit :D

You crazy????? My aluminum is so low. It might be because I am building tons of military science packs + robots. (Also it eats phosphors like no tomorrow...)

Return to “PyMods”