Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

cellular wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Is it safe to update Factorio past 17.24 yet, or does that still cause issues with recipes that have multiple copies of the same output?
Seems 2 be. I've been on latest version for bit and I've not had any issues. Just make sure the mods are updated before updating factorio

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

zx64 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm
I've noticed that Mineralized Water is only used for one recipe (copper coating) and is otherwise only for compatibility with Angels mod(?).
Would it make sense for Raw Ores to change that copper coating recipe to use a Raw Ores specific fluid instead (e.g. saline, molten copper etc.)?
it would

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

zx64 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm
I've noticed that Mineralized Water is only used for one recipe (copper coating) and is otherwise only for compatibility with Angels mod(?).
Would it make sense for Raw Ores to change that copper coating recipe to use a Raw Ores specific fluid instead (e.g. saline, molten copper etc.)?
Good idea.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zx64 »

Some Uranium related questions:

Is it intended for Uranium Ore to have the vanilla stack size of 50? Asking since all the other stack sizes have been changed.

Would you be willing to add the option of re-fluidising the intermediate powders? e.g. you made a bunch of 70% powder then once you've researched the next level, shove any leftovers back in a leaching station to move up the chain.
(I'm not sure how useful the 40% powder is since you can't do anything with it until you unlock Fuel Production anyway and you'll presumably get Uranium processing 3 shortly after that)

Do you plan to add any centrifuge recipes that convert the enriched uranium into different ratios of U-238/235 as a further payoff for that process, e.g. as a replacement to vanilla's enrichment recipe.

Should the Nuclear Sample recipe have a Raw Ores override to use a more processed form of uranium?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

zx64 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 am
Some Uranium related questions:

Is it intended for Uranium Ore to have the vanilla stack size of 50? Asking since all the other stack sizes have been changed.

Would you be willing to add the option of re-fluidising the intermediate powders? e.g. you made a bunch of 70% powder then once you've researched the next level, shove any leftovers back in a leaching station to move up the chain.
(I'm not sure how useful the 40% powder is since you can't do anything with it until you unlock Fuel Production anyway and you'll presumably get Uranium processing 3 shortly after that)

Do you plan to add any centrifuge recipes that convert the enriched uranium into different ratios of U-238/235 as a further payoff for that process, e.g. as a replacement to vanilla's enrichment recipe.

Should the Nuclear Sample recipe have a Raw Ores override to use a more processed form of uranium?
stack size i proposed that too

uranium chain is a ration mess so i wont propose any more complexity unless its redone

i proposed a u235 to mk3 (or the equivalent powder recipe but no answer as of now)

raw ores already modiffies that science by adding lead

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zx64 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am
Mm, but that's changing coated container rather than nuclear sample (which seems like an ideal candidate for using the Raw Ores uranium chain in some way).

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

zx64 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am
Mm, but that's changing coated container rather than nuclear sample (which seems like an ideal candidate for using the Raw Ores uranium chain in some way).
you need the uranium chain for intelligence units for high tech science

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zx64 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am
you need the uranium chain for intelligence units for high tech science
Well that's nice. No reason it should be the only place it gets used.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

wheres more?
pY Coal processing mod

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

What sort of fuel do I need for a phosphate mine? I've tried wood and coke, but I get an error of "the phosphate mine can't use chemical fuel". What other sort of fuel is there? (I'm already supplying syngas.)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

cellular wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 pm
What sort of fuel do I need for a phosphate mine? I've tried wood and coke, but I get an error of "the phosphate mine can't use chemical fuel". What other sort of fuel is there? (I'm already supplying syngas.)
drill heads
pY Coal processing mod

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 pm
drill heads
Thanks!

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

Hey guys,

On the very front page of this thread is a change log which used to be updated religiously every time an update went in. Not asking for retroactive documentation, but can you guys start updating it again?

I am a fan of "set it and forget it". I always run the latest mods and invariably there is a breakage in one of my chains every update that goes in. A pointer of which chain got the modification really helps out to inspect, update, and keep rolling rather than finding out that you no longer have any of the finished product and wonder what broke.

Harag
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Harag »

I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

Do you have a location for bugs/issues?

pyrawores_1.2.6\locale\en\locale.cfg

Line 23
sodium-carbonate=Sodim Carbonate

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

theblindironman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm
Do you have a location for bugs/issues?

pyrawores_1.2.6\locale\en\locale.cfg

Line 23
sodium-carbonate=Sodim Carbonate
thanks
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Harag wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am
I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.
if someone knows if its true, i can fix that asap.
pY Coal processing mod

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Ronin wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am
Hey guys,

On the very front page of this thread is a change log which used to be updated religiously every time an update went in. Not asking for retroactive documentation, but can you guys start updating it again?
There are changelogs.
https://github.com/pyanodon/pyrawores/b ... ngelog.txt
https://github.com/pyanodon/pyrawores/commits/master
The first one isn't as useful as the second one, as it doesn't put dates and doesn't describe what was changed adequately enough; but commits are harder to understand of course. Would certainly be nice to have it in more noticeable places, like mod portal and/or in-game, as well as putting the links to source on mod portal, and changing all mentions of "not compatible with Bob's Angels" to "unofficially use PyCoalTBaA" (where it's still missing). Would be even more nice to have better explanations in the changelogs. Not to aggro Py, this works as is anyway. :3

They are also the same way for other pY mods, for example:
https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... ngelog.txt
https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... its/master

As for the map icon visibility issue, I do get a feeling that it may depend on if the rock patch is entirely in one chunk or more, or on the position within a chunk. Haven't verified it yet.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

YunoAloe wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

As for the map icon visibility issue, I do get a feeling that it may depend on if the rock patch is entirely in one chunk or more, or on the position within a chunk. Haven't verified it yet.
20190424221140_1.jpg
20190424221140_1.jpg (179.27 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
20190424221142_1.jpg
20190424221142_1.jpg (181.12 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
20190424221146_1.jpg
20190424221146_1.jpg (161.87 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
you are correct.

crazyguy98
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazyguy98 »

Pyanodon,

In the changelog for PYRO 1.2.7 you moved the coal-to-coke recipe to coke-processing-mk01 which has caused the recipe to disappear. Checking the technology file I found that the technology name is simply coke-mk01.

Thanks.

Return to “PyMods”