pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

User avatar
zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by zx64 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm

I've noticed that Mineralized Water is only used for one recipe (copper coating) and is otherwise only for compatibility with Angels mod(?).
Would it make sense for Raw Ores to change that copper coating recipe to use a Raw Ores specific fluid instead (e.g. saline, molten copper etc.)?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 pm

cellular wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Is it safe to update Factorio past 17.24 yet, or does that still cause issues with recipes that have multiple copies of the same output?
Seems 2 be. I've been on latest version for bit and I've not had any issues. Just make sure the mods are updated before updating factorio

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:50 pm

zx64 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm
I've noticed that Mineralized Water is only used for one recipe (copper coating) and is otherwise only for compatibility with Angels mod(?).
Would it make sense for Raw Ores to change that copper coating recipe to use a Raw Ores specific fluid instead (e.g. saline, molten copper etc.)?
it would

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:38 pm

zx64 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm
I've noticed that Mineralized Water is only used for one recipe (copper coating) and is otherwise only for compatibility with Angels mod(?).
Would it make sense for Raw Ores to change that copper coating recipe to use a Raw Ores specific fluid instead (e.g. saline, molten copper etc.)?
Good idea.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by zx64 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 am

Some Uranium related questions:

Is it intended for Uranium Ore to have the vanilla stack size of 50? Asking since all the other stack sizes have been changed.

Would you be willing to add the option of re-fluidising the intermediate powders? e.g. you made a bunch of 70% powder then once you've researched the next level, shove any leftovers back in a leaching station to move up the chain.
(I'm not sure how useful the 40% powder is since you can't do anything with it until you unlock Fuel Production anyway and you'll presumably get Uranium processing 3 shortly after that)

Do you plan to add any centrifuge recipes that convert the enriched uranium into different ratios of U-238/235 as a further payoff for that process, e.g. as a replacement to vanilla's enrichment recipe.

Should the Nuclear Sample recipe have a Raw Ores override to use a more processed form of uranium?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am

zx64 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 am
Some Uranium related questions:

Is it intended for Uranium Ore to have the vanilla stack size of 50? Asking since all the other stack sizes have been changed.

Would you be willing to add the option of re-fluidising the intermediate powders? e.g. you made a bunch of 70% powder then once you've researched the next level, shove any leftovers back in a leaching station to move up the chain.
(I'm not sure how useful the 40% powder is since you can't do anything with it until you unlock Fuel Production anyway and you'll presumably get Uranium processing 3 shortly after that)

Do you plan to add any centrifuge recipes that convert the enriched uranium into different ratios of U-238/235 as a further payoff for that process, e.g. as a replacement to vanilla's enrichment recipe.

Should the Nuclear Sample recipe have a Raw Ores override to use a more processed form of uranium?
stack size i proposed that too

uranium chain is a ration mess so i wont propose any more complexity unless its redone

i proposed a u235 to mk3 (or the equivalent powder recipe but no answer as of now)

raw ores already modiffies that science by adding lead

User avatar
zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by zx64 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am
raw ores already modiffies that science by adding lead
Mm, but that's changing coated container rather than nuclear sample (which seems like an ideal candidate for using the Raw Ores uranium chain in some way).

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

zx64 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am
raw ores already modiffies that science by adding lead
Mm, but that's changing coated container rather than nuclear sample (which seems like an ideal candidate for using the Raw Ores uranium chain in some way).
you need the uranium chain for intelligence units for high tech science

User avatar
zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by zx64 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am
you need the uranium chain for intelligence units for high tech science
Well that's nice. No reason it should be the only place it gets used.

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 am

wheres more?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

cellular
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by cellular » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 pm

What sort of fuel do I need for a phosphate mine? I've tried wood and coke, but I get an error of "the phosphate mine can't use chemical fuel". What other sort of fuel is there? (I'm already supplying syngas.)

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 pm

cellular wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 pm
What sort of fuel do I need for a phosphate mine? I've tried wood and coke, but I get an error of "the phosphate mine can't use chemical fuel". What other sort of fuel is there? (I'm already supplying syngas.)
drill heads
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

cellular
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by cellular » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 pm
drill heads
Thanks!

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Ronin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am

Hey guys,

On the very front page of this thread is a change log which used to be updated religiously every time an update went in. Not asking for retroactive documentation, but can you guys start updating it again?

I am a fan of "set it and forget it". I always run the latest mods and invariably there is a breakage in one of my chains every update that goes in. A pointer of which chain got the modification really helps out to inspect, update, and keep rolling rather than finding out that you no longer have any of the finished product and wonder what broke.

User avatar
Harag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Harag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am

I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by theblindironman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm

Do you have a location for bugs/issues?


pyrawores_1.2.6\locale\en\locale.cfg

Line 23
sodium-carbonate=Sodim Carbonate

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 pm

theblindironman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm
Do you have a location for bugs/issues?


pyrawores_1.2.6\locale\en\locale.cfg

Line 23
sodium-carbonate=Sodim Carbonate
thanks
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Harag wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am
I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.
if someone knows if its true, i can fix that asap.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by YunoAloe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Ronin wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am
Hey guys,

On the very front page of this thread is a change log which used to be updated religiously every time an update went in. Not asking for retroactive documentation, but can you guys start updating it again?
There are changelogs.
https://github.com/pyanodon/pyrawores/b ... ngelog.txt
https://github.com/pyanodon/pyrawores/commits/master
The first one isn't as useful as the second one, as it doesn't put dates and doesn't describe what was changed adequately enough; but commits are harder to understand of course. Would certainly be nice to have it in more noticeable places, like mod portal and/or in-game, as well as putting the links to source on mod portal, and changing all mentions of "not compatible with Bob's Angels" to "unofficially use PyCoalTBaA" (where it's still missing). Would be even more nice to have better explanations in the changelogs. Not to aggro Py, this works as is anyway. :3


They are also the same way for other pY mods, for example:
https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... ngelog.txt
https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... its/master



As for the map icon visibility issue, I do get a feeling that it may depend on if the rock patch is entirely in one chunk or more, or on the position within a chunk. Haven't verified it yet.

mxpal
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by mxpal » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 pm

YunoAloe wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

As for the map icon visibility issue, I do get a feeling that it may depend on if the rock patch is entirely in one chunk or more, or on the position within a chunk. Haven't verified it yet.
20190424221140_1.jpg
20190424221140_1.jpg (179.27 KiB) Viewed 731 times
20190424221142_1.jpg
20190424221142_1.jpg (181.12 KiB) Viewed 731 times
20190424221146_1.jpg
20190424221146_1.jpg (161.87 KiB) Viewed 731 times
you are correct.

Post Reply

Return to “PyMods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users