pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Its saved here for a future (who knows) ore.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Right, it's more worthy of a megamine I guess...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

graphics: BOF has a strange pipe inlet
Attachments
screenshot4.png
screenshot4.png (608.1 KiB) Viewed 4282 times

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Tech Tree: Tech "Enrichment" contains two identical "Gravel (recipe)" icons

Arie Atari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arie Atari »

Hey guys, i'm playing Py+AI and i'm trying to place a phosphate mine on big ancient remains, but it's not working. In map view it says phosphate rock, but i can't use the phosphate mine on it. I haven't found any other structures that i could use. Any suggestions? Thanx!
Screenshot Py phosphate mine.png
Screenshot Py phosphate mine.png (4.47 MiB) Viewed 4141 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arie Atari wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 pm
Hey guys, i'm playing Py+AI and i'm trying to place a phosphate mine on big ancient remains, but it's not working. In map view it says phosphate rock, but i can't use the phosphate mine on it. I haven't found any other structures that i could use. Any suggestions? Thanx!

Screenshot Py phosphate mine.png

try on the smaller ones.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Arie Atari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arie Atari »

try on the smaller ones.
Thanks, that is working! I had to search for smaller patches, because the nearest were all bigger.
But what do i use on the bigger patches?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The big phosphate mine !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Arie Atari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arie Atari »

Guess i have to research that one still

slimepulpler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by slimepulpler »

So I am wondering about the two ways you can take to turn Iron Pulp Stage 1 into Iron Pulp Stage 7.

There is the chain turning it into Unslimed Iron after which it will go through Stages 2 to 7.
Or the chain turning it into Iron Concentrate, Fine Iron Concentrate, which can also be turned into Pulp Stage 7.

As they are both unlocked at the same technology level, I am curious what the design decision is to have them both.
They have different helper chemical requirements.
An argument for the Stage 2 though 6 route is that Iron Slime can only be turned into Unslimed Iron, and therefore this route has to be built to use it. So using the same route for the Stage 1 pulp reduces complexity.

What are the arguments to use the Fine Iron Concentrate path in addition, and what was the though process in including it?

D0rus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D0rus »

Note: I'm not at this stage in the game, but i used some tools to analyse the situation (you got my curiosity)
There is the chain turning it into Unslimed Iron after which it will go through Stages 2 to 7.
Or the chain turning it into Iron Concentrate, Fine Iron Concentrate, which can also be turned into Pulp Stage 7.
The first receipt allows you to go from Unslimed iron to High-grade iron. Using the starting receipt Iron ore dust -> Iron pulp (stage 1) + Iron slime.
Both can be turned into Unslimed iron using 2 receipts that both take water + ingredient and turn it into Unslimed iron + tailings. Then Unslimed iron can go trough stage 2->7 and eventually High-grade iron.

The second receipt allows you to go from from Iron pulp (stage 1) to Iron pulp (stage 7) and some new iron ore dust. Notice that to get to Iron pulp (stage 1) we again need the starting receipt Iron ore dust -> Iron pulp (stage 1) + Iron slime. So each iteration of the second receipt, we get new dust, and thus extra Iron slime.

Thus all this second receipt does is replacing one of the two receipts i mentioned earlier that create Unslimed iron, skipping the Iron pulp (stage 1) -> Unslimed iron -> pulp 2->7 route, but not skipping the Iron slime -> Unslimed iron -> pulp 2->7 route.

Now you can use only the Iron concentrate receipt to get Iron pulp (stage 7), and turn the left over Iron slime into Unslimed iron into molten iron. Or you can use only the Unslimed iron -> Iron pulp 2->7 receipt and ignore the iron concentrate receipt to get High-grade iron, but combining both receipts is going to be the most efficient route in the end.
By my calculations, using only Unslimed iron cost 562 iron.
Using partial Unslimed iron and partial High-grade iron using Iron concentrate cost 361 iron.
Using only Iron pulp 2->7 cost 289 iron.
Using both iron pulp 2->7 and Iron concentrate cost 244 iron.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Hello
What is the point of the recipe "iron oxide->iron sludge->...->iron plate" at a price of 11.7 iron oxide per 1 plate (on the technology "iron processing - stage 2"), if you can get iron plates directly from iron oxide at a price of 2 iron oxide per 1 plate (on the technology "coal processing 1")?
Actually, the last recipe seems to me dishonest..

ShadowScaleFTL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowScaleFTL »

i didnt play for about half year, update all mods to current versions and now i have 2 pyanodon wiki buttons, one of them didnt work. How i can remove it?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ShadowScaleFTL wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:38 am
i didnt play for about half year, update all mods to current versions and now i have 2 pyanodon wiki buttons, one of them didnt work. How i can remove it?
Short answer. No idea.

If you could send us the save and we'll take a look and figure out a fix that doesn't break it.

ShadowScaleFTL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowScaleFTL »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:11 am
ShadowScaleFTL wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:38 am
Short answer. No idea.

If you could send us the save and we'll take a look and figure out a fix that doesn't break it.
how i can send it?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

If it's small enough add it as an attachment here or send it to me on the factorio or py discord or drop a link to your preferred cloud service.

ShadowScaleFTL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowScaleFTL »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:04 am
If it's small enough add it as an attachment here or send it to me on the factorio or py discord or drop a link to your preferred cloud service.
Attachments
TRUE EDITION.zip
(13.21 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Alright. Thanks. I'll take a look later today and get back as soon as we have a fix.

ShadowScaleFTL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowScaleFTL »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:30 am
Alright. Thanks. I'll take a look later today and get back as soon as we have a fix.
so, still no info? i played i bit on my save btw as it goes some days, and then i find that i have 2 wiki buttons even if i starting new game.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:01 pm
Hello
What is the point of the recipe "iron oxide->iron sludge->...->iron plate" at a price of 11.7 iron oxide per 1 plate (on the technology "iron processing - stage 2"), if you can get iron plates directly from iron oxide at a price of 2 iron oxide per 1 plate (on the technology "coal processing 1")?
Actually, the last recipe seems to me dishonest..
Remove dishonest recipe 20 rust -> 10 iron plates. Bring back the old recipe 20 rust -> 1 iron plate.

Return to “PyMods”