Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:One other thing, you use wood now for red science. Does your mod now have a source of wood building? Or do I need to add a greenhouse mod?

please...use a greenhouse..there´s no wood production building in this mod.

Ok, might want to add something to the blurb about that because no-one will want to cut down trees by hand. I'll use bobs greenhouse, I know that one and have blueprints for it.

You´re right...im making a wood producing building now. It may take few days, but that was really missing. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote: You´re right...im making a wood producing building now. It may take few days, but that was really missing. :)
That works too, then it has the same look n feel as the rest of your buildings and you can come up with a fertilizer recipe if you fancy.

For now, I tried to add bobsgreenhouse and bobslibrary (which it needs) and it fails to load:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote: You´re right...im making a wood producing building now. It may take few days, but that was really missing. :)
That works too, then it has the same look n feel as the rest of your buildings and you can come up with a fertilizer recipe if you fancy.

For now, I tried to add bobsgreenhouse and bobslibrary (which it needs) and it fails to load:

That´s because you will need bob´s plates which will require bob´s ores.

It also trigger my mod to work with the bob´s suit. If you want some greenhouse, try some stand alone greenhouse mod instead.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Bobs greenhouse doesn't need plates/ores, it'll work in stock but it does use functions in library.

The bio industries mod adds all sorts of things and fiddles with recipes. I'll see if there's something a bit simpler or if I can configure bio to just give me a greenhouse.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Bobs greenhouse doesn't need plates/ores, it'll work in stock but it does use functions in library.

The bio industries mod adds all sorts of things and fiddles with recipes. I'll see if there's something a bit simpler or if I can configure bio to just give me a greenhouse.
It uses glass, which will need quartz. Bobs ores and bob plates (glass). But like i said, when you activate bob´s library..it triggers my mod.

Bio industries works with my mod :D
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:Bobs greenhouse doesn't need plates/ores, it'll work in stock but it does use functions in library.

It uses glass, which will need quartz. Bobs ores and bob plates (glass). But like i said, when you activate bob´s library..it triggers my mod.

Bio industries works with my mod :D
Actually bobs greenhouse has a stock recipe too, no glass needed (iron, copper and stone). It only depends on the functions in bobslibrary. It's on the mod portal as a standalone mod but does say it need library.

Anyway, I tossed in this one - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Ragnaman ... th-modules

Which is enough to prove to myself that the start works ok. Just under 1 hour to automated red science, much slower than stock but hey, interesting. For anyone interested, this is what I used:

Soil to build a farm, farm for mushrooms, coal distiller for coke, greenhouse for wood.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Image

Soil to build a farm, farm for mushrooms, coal distiller for coke, greenhouse for wood.
That´s what i call COMPACT base :D
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I went back to my migrated save and built out a quick red and green line to get an idea of ratios and so on. You're making us into farmers, a whole lot of space needed for all the plants and animals.

The graphics are superb though, really top notch animation too.

Creosote for medium poles seems kind of weird though since they're metal. Could you not change them to use treated wood or something more logical?

Oh and the main Py tab is getting very big and cluttered. It might be an idea to split it into a couple of tabs. Finding things is getting tricky.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I went back to my migrated save and built out a quick red and green line to get an idea of ratios and so on. You're making us into farmers, a whole lot of space needed for all the plants and animals.

The graphics are superb though, really top notch animation too.

Creosote for medium poles seems kind of weird though since they're metal. Could you not change them to use treated wood or something more logical?

Oh and the main Py tab is getting very big and cluttered. It might be an idea to split it into a couple of tabs. Finding things is getting tricky.

- Hahha whatever planet we go, we will need space to grow living things :D
- Thank you, im a graphic guy and it´s one of the things i love to create, glad you liked my graphics :geek:
- They´re made of wood, but damn, your idea is good, i will change that recipe and will be updated in the next release
- Oh...that will demand a lot of time and work...i will see what i can do, but dont expect a big change too soon in that area. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Builders! Thanks to user Trainwreck, the niobium pipes are now working properly. :3

The next update will have that changes already.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Is there only one way to get activated carbon through the zinc?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Is there only one way to get activated carbon through the zinc?

Yes...zinc chloride is a catalyst to make activated carbon.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Why i'm asking?
2 things - tailings and glue gas in early game is big problem but i don't want venting them ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Why i'm asking?
2 things - tailings and glue gas in early game is big problem but i don't want venting them ;)

Store them into tailings ponds and tanks :D
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oil from tailings, brilliant idea
Water from tailings, ehhhhh and i need many zinc for activated carbon
If u make this compatible with angel's petrochem then i can use angel's smelting to get more inc from smelting process? of course i can use ur sand casting for now if i want to get more zinc

Another queston - can i impove smelting process with productivity modules? I'm asking because in angel mods, many buildings not supporting productivity modulesб this's Arch666Angel's decision in his mods

Olechemicals
Aromatics
Acelyne
Diborane
Diesel
Gasoline

I think each item from this list can find application in Petrochem
By the way - hydrogen peroxide already exists in bob's mods and already overhauled in angel's petrochem but it isn't used neither in one nor in another, lol :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Another queston - can i impove smelting process with productivity modules? I'm asking because in angel mods, many buildings not supporting productivity modulesб this's Arch666Angel's decision in his mods
You can use only speed modules for now...maybe if you use a beacon nearby you can get productivity.
aklesey1 wrote: Olechemicals
Aromatics
Acelyne
Diborane
Diesel
Gasoline
Almost all of them can be used to burn in the generators to generate electricity....when the generators works again.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm sorry generators are working now or not? I want get straight answer :?:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry generators are working now or not? I want get straight answer :?:

not working..i warned people that version they are in the game, but they dont do anything. Maybe in the next update if Nexela solve the problem.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry generators are working now or not? I want get straight answer :?:

not working..i warned people that version they are in the game, but they dont do anything. Maybe in the next update if Nexela solve the problem.
What exactly is wrong? Is it because the default fluid is steam and you're using other fluids?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:What exactly is wrong? Is it because the default fluid is steam and you're using other fluids?
The generators in this mod burn specific fuels, each one with their proper efficiency and pollution level. For example, you can burn Syngas into them and generate with 52% efficiency, but if you put Combustion mixture01, that efficiency raise to 70%.
The code is all there, but there´s something wrong which i cant solve. It was working very fine in earlier versions, but since 0.15 changed a lot the generators, they arent working now. That mod produces a lot of fuels based on coal partially to you burn into them.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”