pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

For the first I want to tell that it is inconvenient to begin a game without having the tank for liquid
Recipe for coke from coal not from destructive distillation column must came first

Glass begins to play a huge role in researches and in production therefore the good source of quartz is necessary, sand casting can help with it

News way to use lubricant with drilling i like it :) he won't crowd in large numbers in tanks any more and to take the place, especially it will be urgent with Angel's Petrochem where we can get many base mineral oil and residual gas and where we can produce tons of lubricant!!!
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:For the first I want to tell that it is inconvenient to begin a game without having the tank for liquid
Recipe for coke from coal not from destructive distillation column must came first

Glass begins to play a huge role in researches and in production therefore the good source of quartz is necessary, sand casting can help with it
Store liquids in the tailings pond until you research for tanks. Sand casting is useless early game and have nothing to do with quartz production o-o . Find a quartz spot asap to keep your production. Always look for quartz until late game where you can extract it from underground.
Coke will have a major use early game, but soon will pile up really fast. Coke from coal recipe will appear in the first research of coal processing1.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Using many glass is good yes yes, but how abou plastics consuming? I can produce it with big amounts too..... yes its for batteruies and optical fiber and little amount for electroinics, definitely not for high tier electronics in bob's
Ehhhh poor quartz, electronics and research need's YOU so much now!!! :mrgreen:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Using many glass is good yes yes, but how abou plastics consuming? I can produce it with big amounts too..... yes its for batteruies and optical fiber and little amount for electroinics, definitely not for high tier electronics in bob's
Ehhhh poor quartz, electronics and research need's YOU so much now!!! :mrgreen:

For now, plastics will be used mainly in optical fibers. In future mods, it will have bigger used ;)

If you´re worried about quartz, you should looking for zinc too! :D but quartz will be very consuming XD Thanks we have a crusher to help in that.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

My 0.14 game migrated fine now. I'll post a list of mods later so you know which can be considered as 'safe'.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:My 0.14 game migrated fine now. I'll post a list of mods later so you know which can be considered as 'safe'.
Thank you :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Questions about alloys
Why Nb Fe alloy gets for us only 1 item - 15 iron +3 niobium = 1, why not 18??? it must be epic huge piece, it is powerful approximately in 50 kilograms........... :lol: :(
5 Invar - 3 iron + nickel
5 Nitinol - 3 nikel +2 titan
Here's logic

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Questions about alloys
Why Nb Fe alloy gets for us only 1 item - 15 iron +3 niobium = 1, why not 18??? it must be epic huge piece, it is powerful approximately in 50 kilograms........... :lol: :(
5 Invar - 3 iron + nickel
5 Nitinol - 3 nikel +2 titan
Here's logic

hahaha i think 15 is ok :D We usually use way more iron to mix with niobium.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

So it means just impurity? Ok if it its so i agree
Interesting to will look that other players will tell, here I for example still get used to production of new science packs

To be fair it is necessary to notice that it is worth changing also others science packs - military, production and hi-tech

What do u think about toluene and its production?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:So it means just impurity? Ok if it its so i agree
Interesting to will look that other players will tell, here I for example still get used to production of new science packs

To be fair it is necessary to notice that it is worth changing also others science packs - military, production and hi-tech

What do u think about toluene and its production?

I didnt use toluene yet. But it´s easy to find ways. About other science packs,it will come with time, maybe in other mods too.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Ok, repaired power generation then I saw the research. Hooo boy that's a lot more than stock just to get red. The crafting time on those mushrooms is just cruel but I must say it's nicely done. I just hope there are faster upgrades later on.
It's not that bad to fix up a migrated base though but I wonder how much of an impact this will have on a new game. I'll start a fresh one later and see how long it takes to get going. I'll use the same mods, these all appear to be working with yours no problem.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Ok, repaired power generation then I saw the research. Hooo boy that's a lot more than stock just to get red. The crafting time on those mushrooms is just cruel but I must say it's nicely done. I just hope there are faster upgrades later on.
It's not that bad to fix up a migrated base though but I wonder how much of an impact this will have on a new game. I'll start a fresh one later and see how long it takes to get going. I'll use the same mods, these all appear to be working with yours no problem.

Did you made the generators work?? o-o

hahaha yeah...you´re growing mushrooms from water...you must reserve a big area for your plantation :D

Glad for your help and feedback!
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Interaction between coal gas and tar looks interesting
By the way the rough translation for "tar" in russian will be resin, its synonym

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:Ok, repaired power generation then I saw the research. Hooo boy that's a lot more than stock just to get red. The crafting time on those mushrooms is just cruel but I must say it's nicely done. I just hope there are faster upgrades later on.

Did you made the generators work?? o-o

hahaha yeah...you´re growing mushrooms from water...you must reserve a big area for your plantation :D

If generators will work, heh people i think we can launch this beta on mod portal, what's ur opinion pyanodon?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Interaction between coal gas and tar looks interesting
By the way the rough translation for "tar" in russian will be resin, its synonym

you could make a ru locale :D

aklesey1 wrote:If generators will work, heh people i think we can launch this beta on mod portal, what's ur opinion pyanodon?

Bold move...but i see no problems.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I know man who has technical education and who with pleasure will be engaged in the translation, he even has a self-made website where everything is for automation of translation process whether other question he will have time for the translation :? :)
All right it is time for me to go, its deep night for me i need to sleep, i'll continue to do this really hard walkthrough with this wonderful long-awaited mod 8-) :D

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: Did you made the generators work?? o-o

Just the stock ones, none of the Py generators function and that section of the factory is kaputt till I go and rejig it all to work with this new stuff.

I meant the time taken. 3.5 seconds for 8 mushrooms sounds ok but then the building is crafting speed 0.1 - 35s for 8 mushrooms is somewhat nasty ;)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

One other thing, you use wood now for red science. Does your mod now have a source of wood building? Or do I need to add a greenhouse mod?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:One other thing, you use wood now for red science. Does your mod now have a source of wood building? Or do I need to add a greenhouse mod?

please...use a greenhouse..there´s no wood production building in this mod.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:One other thing, you use wood now for red science. Does your mod now have a source of wood building? Or do I need to add a greenhouse mod?

please...use a greenhouse..there´s no wood production building in this mod.

Ok, might want to add something to the blurb about that because no-one will want to cut down trees by hand. I'll use bobs greenhouse, I know that one and have blueprints for it.

Return to “PyMods”