Some funny things happened through out these days in our Community chatroom, Kitty wasn't available at that moment, kinda busy, but after multi-turns of chatroom silenced by the core players, Kitty started to be curious about what cause them to had such heated discussion..
After a series of long-long-chat-record-cheking, Kitty see the problem was:
The 60℃ Steam..
In the current version, this 60℃ Steam cannot be used for electric generating, so can only be used to cool down to water by Cooling Towers, or, by a more convenient way, vantilated by the Tailing Ponds..
However, a sufficient and as free resource in game, is the water: you don't even need electricity to get water, so what's the meaning of save low-temperture steam to come back to water, not to mention you need Cooling Towers whom consume electricity..?
So, there were two oppsite divisions in our chatroom, their arguement show as below:
1. The Cooling Towers are really meet a low sense of presense, make to ensure the more often use of Cooling Towers, a forbidden use of Tailing Ponds to vantilate Steam out to the air is needed;
2. What players choose to do is their freedom, whether you want to waste the low-temp Steam, or to save them as part of circulatory system, are all should be supported..
You see, there is a paradox here: if you support the 2nd opinion, the truth is an insufficient use of Cooling Towers nowadays, just as the 1st opinion claimed; but to support the 1st one, which will reduce the playing ways the players can have, and it is true that THIS astrict players' freedom of choices..
Cut down the ways we can play is an inapproptiate solution, however, Kitty don't support the 1st opinion, either. What Kitty propose is to jump out of the paradox: the Cooling Towers' lack of a sense of presense, is because the certain usage and certain scenario, which isn't the players' fault; so why don't we focus on the reuse of the low-temp Steam instead..?
Kitty have 4 solutions:
1. Add a Sophisticated Heat Accumulator to pyFE, allowing to use Fuel Rod MK01, to heat up the low-temp Steam directly to 500℃, which means can be used in Turbine Generators; (unlock by blue packs)
2. Add a Wind-up Vapourising Complex to pyIndustry, it collects low-temp Steam, and ouput 165℃ Steam each time it is filled, but only output half of the amout of input; (unlock by green packs)
3. Add a Secondary Heat Exchanger to pyPH, it consumes Hot Air to heat up the low-temp Steam, but in this process, it will create a massive pollution amout by using the same mechanism used on Tailing Ponds; (unlock by red packs)
4. Add an Alternative Burner (it named to be as an alternative solution
) to the pyCP, it consumes certain fuels, for example, crushed coal/coarse coal, not only to heat the low-temp Steam to 165℃, but also enlarge the usage of Raw Coal; (unlock by red packs)
These will make the low-temp Steam to be more useful in electricity generating..
(then waste to the air)