pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:What exactly is wrong? Is it because the default fluid is steam and you're using other fluids?
The generators in this mod burn specific fuels, each one with their proper efficiency and pollution level. For example, you can burn Syngas into them and generate with 52% efficiency, but if you put Combustion mixture01, that efficiency raise to 70%.
The code is all there, but there´s something wrong which i cant solve. It was working very fine in earlier versions, but since 0.15 changed a lot the generators, they arent working now. That mod produces a lot of fuels based on coal partially to you burn into them.
Ok, I see. One of the recent patch notes noted a change to allow mods to switch fluid types. No promises but I'll have a scuffle around and see what I come across.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I set up a retisol going into a power house and get combustion mixture 1 out. That is at a temperature of 15 degrees though, which will not generate any power. The script should be setting it to

(MAX_TEMP - (MAX_TEMP - pot.base_eff) + data.eff)+0.4

which should work out as (100 - (100 - 50) + 14) + 0.4 = 64.4

But the mixture is coming out at 15 which would be if the condition fails to evaluate. On the other hand, the prototype for gasturbine1 has this

fluid_input = {
name = "water",
amount = 0.0,
minimum_temperature = 100.0
},

I know the script is supposed to be faking the mixture/water switch to allow the same building to use multiple fuels but a min temp of 100 can never be reached by what is in the script. No fluid flows, no consumption.

Now, if I connect the generator to the water output (which is at 100 degrees) the generator turns on, consumes the water but it registers 15.85 degrees (so it doesn't produce a whole lot ;) )

The script code says it was from KS Power but the current KS power code looks a lot different. Is this an older thing from the 0.14 version?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I set up a retisol going into a power house and get combustion mixture 1 out. That is at a temperature of 15 degrees though, which will not generate any power. The script should be setting it to

(MAX_TEMP - (MAX_TEMP - pot.base_eff) + data.eff)+0.4

which should work out as (100 - (100 - 50) + 14) + 0.4 = 64.4

But the mixture is coming out at 15 which would be if the condition fails to evaluate. On the other hand, the prototype for gasturbine1 has this

fluid_input = {
name = "water",
amount = 0.0,
minimum_temperature = 100.0
},

I know the script is supposed to be faking the mixture/water switch to allow the same building to use multiple fuels but a min temp of 100 can never be reached by what is in the script. No fluid flows, no consumption.

Now, if I connect the generator to the water output (which is at 100 degrees) the generator turns on, consumes the water but it registers 15.85 degrees (so it doesn't produce a whole lot ;) )

The script code says it was from KS Power but the current KS power code looks a lot different. Is this an older thing from the 0.14 version?
I dunno about the code my friend. It was made by Nexela. All i know is that code give the fuels allowed to burn in the generators some value, that later is converted into temperatures. These generators have a great efficiency, so a perfect fuel would make them work at 100ºC, their max.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I've found out why they won't work - good news and bad news.

Bad news is, it's not currently possible in 0.15. KS Power will only burn diesel. This is because the base generator entity has a single input_fluid set which you the mod author can change but only on startup. Once set that fluid box will only accept that fluid. This is obviously a problem and not just for your mod.

Good news - there's a thread in the modding interface requests area to have this changed to an array or some other more flexible method. See this thread for details. You would be advised to add a post there too in order to build up weight of numbers ;)

Anyway, that means that for right now, you can configure your turbines for one fluid only.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Generator stuff is not fully fleshed out for .15. as I have been super busy. If anyone wants to help out let me know! :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Some new's about my watching for compatibility with angel's if some one want know
What i can say now - PYCP has no any serious conflicts with any angel's mods but PYCP can't use many many things from Angel's Petrochem or Refining, though I can still inattentively everything I have looked ;)
But its very funny - petroleum gas was replaced with methane gas, ohhhhhhhh god oh god, looks a little idiotically
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Some new's about my watching for compatibility with angel's if some one want know
What i can say now - PYCP has no any serious conflicts with any angel's mods but PYCP can't use many many things from Angel's Petrochem or Refining, though I can still inattentively everything I have looked ;)
But its very funny - petroleum gas was replaced with methane gas, ohhhhhhhh god oh god, looks a little idiotically

Good to know!! But my mod doesnt have methane o-o.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Some new's about my watching for compatibility with angel's if some one want know
Good to know!! But my mod doesnt have methane o-o.
With angel's magic it can have!!! Just believe in magic! :mrgreen: :!:
Thanks to Arch66Angel for mineralized water, i know where to use it now in PYCP - for copper coating :)
And thanks to Nexela and pyanodon for new high source of saline water - the tar processing, its really nice redemption from the ordinary where u simply refining common water :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hello fellow builders!

It was a major fault not having a tree production building in this mod since it´s required to make science packs! For sure Bob´s mods have a greenhouse one...but for vanilla play, we didnt. So, to declare independency of the wood manual harvesting... i created the botanical nursery.

This building produce logs at different rates, variable with which what you feed them, and in the future will produce more stuff. It´s animated too.

"-But Py... the game have raw wood, not logs!"
- Indeed, that´s why i created a wood processing unit which will concentrate ALL wood based recipes and will open paths to future mods which may require more wood based products. Raw wood included.

That building will process logs into raw wood, wood boards, wood plates, even extract resin from them...etc etc etc.

Available int he next update which will happens in few days.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oh that design, more beautiful than bob's analog :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Bad news for PYCP in factorio 0.15.27
https://yadi.sk/i/iKrKcUKy3KkZ9e - error when launching new game? the similar error was in nanobots mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Nexela/Nanobots and it is solved and in creative mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/creative-mode it is solved too so may be we can ask Mooncat to solve this error in PYCP

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

aklesey1 wrote:Bad news for PYCP in factorio 0.15.27
https://yadi.sk/i/iKrKcUKy3KkZ9e - error when launching new game? the similar error was in nanobots mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Nexela/Nanobots and it is solved and in creative mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/creative-mode it is solved too so may be we can ask Mooncat to solve this error in PYCP
I'm using 0.15.27 and Py works fine. I can load a game or create new ones no trouble. Probably a conflict with something else you're running.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

As i said i have similar problem with creative mode and nano bots and its fixed, this problem appears only then when PYCP is is toggled on
Raztap can u put list of ur mods here? If all right at u i want to understand what can be not right at me

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

aklesey1 wrote:As i said i have similar problem with creative mode and nano bots and its fixed, this problem appears only then when PYCP is is toggled on
Raztap can u put list of ur mods here? If all right at u i want to understand what can be not right at me
Sure, same list as a page or so ago.

The thing to note from the patch info is that it is being stopped when the game is NOT in a valid state. The question then why is mine valid and yours not. The failure you're getting is this line:

remote.add_interface(MOD.IF, require("interface"))

So perhaps some other mod had done something in that remote that causes the state to be invalid.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I cheeked all mod i have by toggling them on and off and only at PYCP this error with new game is appear/ main coder for PYCP is Nexela may be he can do something
Attachments
Mod list.png
Mod list.png (70.49 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hello!!

Updated version in the link on first page.
  • What was changed?
  • Fixed the bug after recent update (0.15.27)
  • Fixed niobium pipes window issue (thanks trainwreck)
  • Added Botanical Nursery to grow some trees for now
  • Added Wood Processing Unit(now all wood based recipes are made in that building)
It´s highly recommended to start a new game to avoid issues.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I'll try it in my old save anyway, that has quite a few hours I'd rather not lose.

BTW, did you see this post I made yesterday? Multi fuel generators simply are not supported by 0.15. You should stop control.lua calling the generators.lua because it doesn't work and it's just wasting cycles.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I'll try it in my old save anyway, that has quite a few hours I'd rather not lose.

BTW, did you see this post I made yesterday? Multi fuel generators simply are not supported by 0.15. You should stop control.lua calling the generators.lua because it doesn't work and it's just wasting cycles.

Yes...i saw, but i dont dare to work on that part of the code since it was all made by nexela and i dont want to ruin his work doing something wrong.

It will work on old saves... :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: It will work on old saves... :)
It doesn't because the nursery is part of one of the first techs. If that's already unlocked then you can't see the building in the parts tab. I assume a migration or some lua will fix it but just saying, you were spot on with 'start a new game'.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

There's a catch 22 problem with the new version.

You put all wood production with the new building (that's fine) but it's included in coal processing 1. To get that requires electricity, that means at least 1 electric pole. That pole however needs wood but we can't process raw wood to wood without the building. Check-mate.

Options would be take the tech requirement off the building, give the player a building, poles or some wood. You could have a techless building for the start phase and the 'real' one unlocked later.

Return to “PyMods”