pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

gavrielba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by gavrielba »

Hi! So I updated to the newest version today (thanks!) and I think I found a game breaking bug, sorry.

Advanced Foundry mk01 is now in two different research techs (Smelters1 and Steel Processing).

Why is it a problem? Because after that last update steel can only be made in advanced foundry -> steel is needed to get to science pack1 -> and science pack is needed to get to Smelters1.

I guess if a recipe is found in 2 research nodes the game automatically requires both to be researched before it becomes available.

Overall I think it's an awesome idea to make steel from iron ore and carbon (if I'm not mistaken that's how it's made irl)!

Hope to be able to get to keep playing the game soon! It's really fun! Patreon support coming soon!

Can provide picures if need and I hope I posted this at the right place. Thanks!

lexx1191
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lexx1191 »

gavrielba wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:29 pm
Hi! So I updated to the newest version today (thanks!) and I think I found a game breaking bug, sorry.

Advanced Foundry mk01 is now in two different research techs (Smelters1 and Steel Processing).

Why is it a problem? Because after that last update steel can only be made in advanced foundry -> steel is needed to get to science pack1 -> and science pack is needed to get to Smelters1.

I guess if a recipe is found in 2 research nodes the game automatically requires both to be researched before it becomes available.

Overall I think it's an awesome idea to make steel from iron ore and carbon (if I'm not mistaken that's how it's made irl)!

Hope to be able to get to keep playing the game soon! It's really fun! Patreon support coming soon!

Can provide picures if need and I hope I posted this at the right place. Thanks!
good afternoon, automation science pack and advanced foundry, does not require steel

gavrielba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gavrielba »

Above you can see that I can't build foundry

And here you can see that the Foundry is under two research items. The first one I have researched. The second one is behind Science Pack 1. Which definitely requires steel to achieve.

Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe the bug is that I needed to actually unlock Steel Processing before updating the mod. Oh, well, it's a shame I can't re-research it, can I?

But, still why does the same item appear in two different research achievements? Maybe I'll help to at least fix that :P Thanks!

Edit: Oh, just realised something! We might be confusing science pack nomenclature. The first ever science pack is called automation science pack, yes. I don't mean that one. I mean py science pack 1 which is required before researching Smelters1 and steel is needed to build, at minimum, Microorganism Mine which is required to build incubated petri dish which is required for Basic Subtrate, etc.

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

Have you updated to the latest version of PY ores? as there were 2 versions a day apart.

Changelog:
Version: 2.4.4
Date: 2022-11-28
Changes:
- fixed double unlock for advanced foundry mk01.

gavrielba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gavrielba »

Yep, it's fixed now - thank you, Py, for such a quick fix!

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

When the backwards compatibility checkbox is enabled, collisions are created for beacons with AM-FM configurations: 1-1 + 1-2 + 2-1 + 2-2

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

I looked at your code in https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... eacons.lua
This line is incorrect:
----

Code: Select all

if effected_am[am] and effected_fm[fm] then
----
In the case of backward compatibility, you need to group by both ranges together. For example like this:

Code: Select all

local function has_beacon_collision(reciver)
	local beacons = reciver.get_beacons()
	if not beacons or not next(beacons) then return end

local effected_am = {}
	local effected_fm = {}

local effected_am_fm = {}

for _, beacon in pairs(beacons) do
		if our_beacons[beacon.name] then
			local am = beacon.name:match('%d+')
			local fm = beacon.name:match('%d+$')

if settings.startup['future-beacons'].value then
				if effected_am[am] or effected_fm[fm] then
					return true