Vector07
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Vector07 »

Moved from the Mod portal - posted 1 day ago by VectorOneZero

I'm running Pyanodon's - pycoalprocessing v_0.4.0 mod -

Beautiful mod... I love it by the way!

Question: Why did you decide to remove some of the entities, prototype/buildings from version 0.4.0 going to 0.5.xx as for example the storage-tanks?
The dilemma
Images
What I did
Well anyways, I'm really enjoying your mod...

Thank you Pyanodon, for all the hard work and dedication that you have put in designing, coding, putting together this mod and sharing it with others!

And of coarse, a big thank you to the Factorio Development team as well, for supporting the modding of this game.

Vector07
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vector07 »

Ahhhh, hahaha I see you moved the storage tanks to pY Industry.

I'm not sure the mod portal says anything about that change or maybe I'm blind & dumb.

Again, thank you and keep it up!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

No problem! :D

Also new release launch, bring some balance and preparing the mod to be compatible with other pY expansions.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Vector07 wrote:Ahhhh, hahaha I see you moved the storage tanks to pY Industry.

I'm not sure the mod portal says anything about that change or maybe I'm blind & dumb.

Again, thank you and keep it up!
Yes, pY Industry will get all the accessories to the game..tiles, tanks, storages and such. :D
pY Coal processing mod

NekoDwarf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NekoDwarf »

First of all pyanadon great work ! I am rly love your mod !
running pyaddons with bob etc. and notice that advanced circuit most painfull circuit board because of optical fiber added to the recepie. More advanced bob circuit boards much easier (there are nothing from pyaddons). So my question is : it is bug ? feature ? or you will add much more pain (complex components) to other bob's electronics in the future ?
P.S. Sorry for my English.
P.P.S : Bob , Yuoki , Angel I love you.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

NekoDwarf wrote:First of all pyanadon great work ! I am rly love your mod !
running pyaddons with bob etc. and notice that advanced circuit most painfull circuit board because of optical fiber added to the recepie. More advanced bob circuit boards much easier (there are nothing from pyaddons). So my question is : it is bug ? feature ? or you will add much more pain (complex components) to other bob's electronics in the future ?

If the pYHighTech win the poll, it will rebuild the entire electronics of the game and get optical fiber will be just one more step. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I agree with the observation of NekoDwarf about the circuits.

There is some kind of weirdness in this mod. There are a lot of processes and stuff but in the end, it is very linear. To take the optical fiber as example, there is a lot to do to make it work, but it all comes down to a single ingredient and that is rich dust, to make another single thing and that is the fiber. Everything else is a middle process that is kind of disconnected with the rest of the factory. In fact, the pycoal processes actually make builds in my game that are more or less disconnected with the rest of the factory, they just do their own stuff and have a single product at the end of the chain.
It is sad because there are good ideas like extending the lore ("we traveled light years for this metal") but they are kind of lost when playing the game.

So my suggestions are:

- Better interconnection with the base game and bobs mods, more processes that deal with vanilla or bobs items not just a closed circuit of pycoal processes (like alternative recipes for bobs transistors, "organic" integrated circuits etc.)
- Extent the lore and the mod to the endgame, like changing all science packs to pycoal ones and changing the end game to sending a rocket to transport some kind of metal back to earth

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Catbert wrote:I agree with the observation of NekoDwarf about the circuits.

There is some kind of weirdness in this mod. There are a lot of processes and stuff but in the end, it is very linear. To take the optical fiber as example, there is a lot to do to make it work, but it all comes down to a single ingredient and that is rich dust, to make another single thing and that is the fiber. Everything else is a middle process that is kind of disconnected with the rest of the factory. In fact, the pycoal processes actually make builds in my game that are more or less disconnected with the rest of the factory, they just do their own stuff and have a single product at the end of the chain.
It is sad because there are good ideas like extending the lore ("we traveled light years for this metal") but they are kind of lost when playing the game.

So my suggestions are:

- Better interconnection with the base game and bobs mods, more processes that deal with vanilla or bobs items not just a closed circuit of pycoal processes (like alternative recipes for bobs transistors, "organic" integrated circuits etc.)
- Extent the lore and the mod to the endgame, like changing all science packs to pycoal ones and changing the end game to sending a rocket to transport some kind of metal back to earth
I cant cover all that in just one mod. Every mod in the pY package brings new ways to use the resources created by pycoal (which is required by all of them,except pYIndustry which is an addon). i dont get the closed thing about optical fiber...it uses Niobium, organic solvent, glass and other materials that have several uses in others chains in the mod too. Rich dust have nothing to do with optical fiber...the main goal of rich dust is to make chromium which is a very used resource.
About the changing of all science packs, it´s come with the other mods of pY Suite. Fusion power for example, changes the production pack. pYHightech will change the yellow pack etc...
pY Coal processing mod

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Well optical fiber uses niobium, which uses chomium to extract for the drill heads, which is made from rich dust. Therefore, rich dust is the starting point for optical fiber. Organic solvent and other stuff are, at least in my factory, only used for the fibers. My optical fiber factory looks like a pyramid with lots of stuff for starters but only the fibers as a single product at the top, and not much interaction with other parts of the factory.
The stuff your mod provides (outside of your own mod):
- Coke, coal dust etc to run steam engines and furnances
- Oxygen for some bobs processes
- few recipes like batteries
which is not much compared to the vast amount of items and byproducts your mod comes with. I think there is lots of unused potential there.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ahh.. Well. Its was planned since beggining. Not all stuff will be used for other stuff. Most of industrial products follow that "pyramid" thing you called, the more advanced, taller the pyramid. pY mods have that.

With time the mods will develop more recipes and possible more uses.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question about getting sulfur from oil and petroleum gasб when you develop a recipe you relied on the ratio in the Bobingabout's recipe? - ratio 5 : 5 for sulfuric acid, bcuz Arch66Angel chaned this ratio for 1 : 5 so when i'm playing with angel I have an excess of sulfur
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:Question about getting sulfur from oil and petroleum gasб when you develop a recipe you relied on the ratio in the Bobingabout's recipe? - ratio 5 : 5 for sulfuric acid, bcuz Arch66Angel chaned this ratio for 1 : 5 so when i'm playing with angel I have an excess of sulfur
please post more info in the pycoaltbaa page. im not sure which recipes your talking about to look into it

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Make sodium Hydroxide recipe from PYCP has bug i think
20 salt + 50 slacked lime = 10 sodium hydroxide and 5 limestone
From 5 limestone we an get 5 lime
From 5 lime we can get 150 slacked lime

SO WE CAN SPAWN TONS OF LIME AND LIMESTONE :!: :? we just only need tons of salt! This is magic - we can produce limestone from salt

This bug exists for a long time, I tired to wait until somebody will notice this misunderstanding

May be this recipe must be like:
20 salt + 50 slacked lime = 10 sodium hydroxide and 1 limestone

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Make sodium Hydroxide recipe from PYCP has bug i think
20 salt + 50 slacked lime = 10 sodium hydroxide and 5 limestone
From 5 limestone we an get 5 lime
From 5 lime we can get 150 slacked lime

SO WE CAN SPAWN TONS OF LIME AND LIMESTONE :!: :? we just only need tons of salt! This is magic - we can produce limestone from salt

This bug exists for a long time, I tired to wait until somebody will notice this misunderstanding

May be this recipe must be like:
20 salt + 50 slacked lime = 10 sodium hydroxide and 1 limestone
Thanks god its a game and not a chemistry class. Theres no bug, just you think how things should be.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ok thanks and i'll use tons of limestone? I don't using recipe from advanced foundry, with the exception of recipes related to nexelit
May be i can use it Greasing jigs in PYFE

And thanks for recipe with getting ash from coal dust and from flue gas, it'll be useful :D pyanodon u best! ;)

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

aklesey1 wrote: getting ash from coal dust and from flue gas
He made new recipes? nice i need to check it by myself :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Ok thanks and i'll use tons of limestone? I don't using recipe from advanced foundry, with the exception of recipes related to nexelit
May be i can use it Greasing jigs in PYFE

And thanks for recipe with getting ash from coal dust and from flue gas, it'll be useful :D pyanodon u best! ;)
More uses of limestone as other things will appear with the evolution of the mods :)
pY Coal processing mod

DeusExLuka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeusExLuka »

Is there any way to revert the crafting recipes of the science packs to vanilla recipes? I've got a game I'm about ten hours into. Just reached Blue science and I really find the power supply buildings lackluster. I've played around a bit with pycoal on my other saves and I would like to install it on my current vanilla+ save. I don't want to have to restructure my entire production facility if I can get away with it.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Currently there is not, I will see about adding a setting option to disable science pack changes in a future release

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

The fight for compatability with AAi industry is continues
aklesey1 wrote:Omg, I found a terrible bug - py science pack 1 is broken - its made like in vanilla when aii industry is tooggled on! - 1 iron gear + 2 copper plate :(
So sad hat these 2 wonderful mods is conflicting :?

Return to “PyMods”