Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

steinio wrote:Hello,

get this error message in latest beta:
The attachment py coal.png is no longer available
Greetings steinio
Hi steinio i'm uising pycp 2.3 and there link for this version somewhere in this forum? here is my version, i donno why Nexela and pyanodon don't want to put this version to mod portal, oh man the prescription of 0.12 loading makes 7 months lol ;)
Attachments
pycoalprocessing_0.2.3.zip
(33.77 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nexela i have question for u, question about saline water - this type of fluid is creation for PYCP properties for this liquid don't undertake from angel's petrochem if it's installed?
I know that I could bother fairly about a question of compatibility with angel mods in particular with angel's petrochem
If "PYCP saline water" is identical with "angel's petrochem saline water"?
That why we can't equate other identical resources the point is that I have tried to change recipes in files of PYCP or create updates.lua for angel mods, and then I have found the file named angel-updates.lua but its empty for now in 0.2.3 version

Another identical resources are:
1) Cokemod
2) Carbon
3) Acid gas
4) SynGas (Synthesis Gas)
5) Methanol
6) Carbon dioxide
7) Sodium chloride (Salt)
Not so long list as i think
And with new update of angel's refining we'll have limestone and chorme? angel's mods already have lithia water and looks like it already overhauled under bob mods, i just watch for new screenshot from pyanodon he has very big enthusiasm i like it :D

The small reference on hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide - nonflammable, explosive liquid, is the strong oxidizer which is vigorously reacting with many substances. It is capable to decay spontaneously on water and oxygen, this property is especially important because of the concern in state of environment increasing recently.
It will be interesting if Arch666Angel will want to use this in angel's petrochem for any recipes, we already have PCP where we have acetone and nitrous acid, and may many resources from chemistry

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aklesey1 wrote:
steinio wrote:Hello,

get this error message in latest beta:
py coal.png
Greetings steinio
Hi steinio i'm uising pycp 2.3 and there link for this version somewhere in this forum? here is my version, i donno why Nexela and pyanodon don't want to put this version to mod portal, oh man the prescription of 0.12 loading makes 7 months lol ;)
Thanks.
This seems to be the version linked in the first post.

Will also try your version.

Edit: Also don't work. I get the same migration script error.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

pyanodon wrote:Hello fellow builders!

Tired of all that nasty pollution because all that coal processing? That bugs dont leave you alone because that...i know...is what you get by playing this mod, but you can try to solve a bit of that problem. Use this new building to transform that terrible pollution into an useful resource! Well, if you decide to build that production chain ;)

The CO2 absorber.

If you do this could you add something that causes pollution? :D

Anyway looking forward to the next update as I'm sure we all are. Cheers.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

diongham wrote:If you do this could you add something that causes pollution? :D

Anyway looking forward to the next update as I'm sure we all are. Cheers.
Hahahaha all my buildings tends to create more pollution :D Deal with all that coal is a dirty job! :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings!!

My oh my, we´re so close to release a complete red and green science version. Today we did the last touches and very soon, i hope we have a release ready to public. :D :D :D :D
Aside the energy generation part based on coal processing and their products, which is big part of this mod, this mod also will bring a total new production chain for the science packs. Each one being more and more complex than the previous one. For example, red science needs 4 ingredients and that number grow exponentially for each level to make the game more hard in a balanced way since most of the rewards you earn are based in the research. The discovering of new resources and ways to use them in combination with the technology needed to transform coal and their substrates into more and more complex and useful things is what that mod is aiming for(40% of it).

So stay tuned and enjoy that new building :D

pY Coal processing mod

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

pyanodon wrote:Greetings!!

My oh my, we´re so close to release a complete red and green science version. Today we did the last touches and very soon, i hope we have a release ready to public. :D :D :D :D
Aside the energy generation part based on coal processing and their products, which is big part of this mod, this mod also will bring a total new production chain for the science packs. Each one being more and more complex than the previous one. For example, red science needs 4 ingredients and that number grow exponentially for each level to make the game more hard in a balanced way since most of the rewards you earn are based in the research. The discovering of new resources and ways to use them in combination with the technology needed to transform coal and their substrates into more and more complex and useful things is what that mod is aiming for(40% of it).

Um..where is the Resource Exit point on this building? Or does it move because it has tracks?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Tomik wrote: Um..where is the Resource Exit point on this building? Or does it move because it has tracks?
Its picked up by inserters since theres no resource under it and it needs fuel to work.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:Greetings!!

Hi pyanonodon, hey its looks like tractor or excavator, hmmm ant it plays a role of the drilling rig/ What we can get from this machine? Where we need to install it?
Question about new science pack - yes u and me all waiting for 0.15 version and how these ur pack can be compatible with other mods and especially with big complex mods? Just try to use Bob's Extended mod by MomoSundeas https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended? this mod also has more complicated packs. I'm waiting for full-fledged release and MomoSundeas will add support for ur mod i think :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi pyanonodon, hey its looks like tractor or excavator, hmmm ant it plays a role of the drilling rig/ What we can get from this machine? Where we need to install it?
Question about new science pack - yes u and me all waiting for 0.15 version and how these ur pack can be compatible with other mods and especially with big complex mods? Just try to use Bob's Extended mod by MomoSundeas https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended? this mod also has more complicated packs. I'm waiting for full-fledged release and MomoSundeas will add support for ur mod i think :D

This machine is part of the mod and it used to extract borax. When you download the next release, it will come together. :) For now, this mod is compatible with bob´s only. With time, more compatibilities will be made.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: For now, this mod is compatible with bob´s only. With time, more compatibilities will be made.
"This" - u mean PYCP or u mean Bob's Extended ?
And i want to drive this "car" :) Whether you know mod AAI programmble vechicles - this mod contains iseful machines which we can be driven, like this https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel ... cles-miner
Last edited by aklesey1 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote: For now, this mod is compatible with bob´s only. With time, more compatibilities will be made.
"This" - u mean PYCP or u mean Bob's Extended ?

PYCP
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Well, congratulation to u Nexela and pyanodon, what ur plans for PYCP? Рow and when u'll realize ur ideas?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Well, congratulation to u Nexela and pyanodon, what ur plans for PYCP? Рow and when u'll realize ur ideas?
Now that´s 0.15 came out, we will fix the code to release as soon as possible until green science. Im doing some balancing here to make this release good and with minor flaws, if some.

About the plans. Well, the base of this mod is do a lot with coal and his subproducts mainly focused in energy generation. The mod expanded to science packs and now it will override the entire science packs production, making the game way more hard and big. Now im working in the blue science tier, where this mod will reach the maximum expansion. High tech materials, more energy generation and a bunch of ways to generate some resources useful for late game.

This mod also introduce organic ingredients to help the industrial process (like we do here on earth).

After blue science, the high tech tier will bring a Particle Collider. Glass, Nexelit, Niobium, Titanium, Neodimium, Deutherium, Oleochemicals, Boron, Chromium and Nickel are some of the high tech materials used and unlocked in blue science for high-tech tier will be VERY used in this mod..i recommend plan wisely the production of these materials because the rate of consumption and production of them is very different from each other.

But remember all of this high-tech stuff will NEED something extracted before from coal and lower science levels. This mod will be released with basic recipes, but with time, more and more will be added to full optimization and of course, compatibility with major mods.

The good news, is all that is almost done at this moment. This mod have actually 32 new buildings and more than 100 new recipes to play with. My calculations says it will be finished with 36 buildings and 170 recipes....lets see.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Well, congratulation to u Nexela and pyanodon, what ur plans for PYCP? Рow and when u'll realize ur ideas?
Now that´s 0.15 came out, we will fix the code to release as soon as possible until green science. Im doing some balancing here to make this release good and with minor flaws, if some.

About the plans. Well, the base of this mod is do a lot with coal and his subproducts mainly focused in energy generation. The mod expanded to science packs and now it will override the entire science packs production, making the game way more hard and big. Now im working in the blue science tier, where this mod will reach the maximum expansion. High tech materials, more energy generation and a bunch of ways to generate some resources useful for late game.

This mod also introduce organic ingredients to help the industrial process (like we do here on earth).

After blue science, the high tech tier will bring a Particle Collider. Glass, Nexelit, Niobium, Titanium, Neodimium, Deutherium, Oleochemicals, Boron, Chromium and Nickel are some of the high tech materials used and unlocked in blue science for high-tech tier will be VERY used in this mod..i recommend plan wisely the production of these materials because the rate of consumption and production of them is very different from each other.

But remember all of this high-tech stuff will NEED something extracted before from coal and lower science levels. This mod will be released with basic recipes, but with time, more and more will be added to full optimization and of course, compatibility with major mods.
The good news, is all that is almost done at this moment. This mod have actually 32 new buildings and more than 100 new recipes to play with. My calculations says it will be finished with 36 buildings and 170 recipes....lets see.
And after all u wnat say to me that the coal and its processing is main idea for this mod??? No no i think is basis, so to speak a pretext for what that new but i like ur ideas, just think up the sonorous name why and isn't present? Ur mod will be nice and useful and give us new experience new ways to live ;) :)
pyanodon wrote: The good news, is all that is almost done at this moment. This mod have actually 32 new buildings and more than 100 new recipes to play with. My calculations says it will be finished with 36 buildings and 170 recipes....lets see.
U said most of the things is done& But how about mechanics of all of this in-game? Nexela is working with u to to inhale life in ur wonderful joint creation? Nexela is writer? the brain for ur mod, sometimes i want to listen to him

I saw Arch666Angel thanked you for the help in creation of the project, you have helped him with understanding of chemistry, it interestingly is visible that you try to introduce a realism share in a game, blue tier will be very intersting i think

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:U said most of the things is done& But how about mechanics of all of this in-game? Nexela is working with u to to inhale life in ur wonderful joint creation? Nexela is writer? the brain for ur mod, sometimes i want to listen to him

I saw Arch666Angel thanked you for the help in creation of the project, you have helped him with understanding of chemistry, it interestingly is visible that you try to introduce a realism share in a game, blue tier will be very interesting i think
First of all, forget realism. Were playing in a game where you are lost in an alien planet. Of course some level of earth logic will be used, but realistic process of industrial things tends to make stuff very tedious after while. Im using what i learn from these process, but im taking artistic freedom to change it at will.
Everyday i start a new game to test and re-test these stuff looking for errors and doing some balances. It isnt al in planning stage, it´s actually happening, even the next release will carry only until green science level.
About Nexela, this mod couldnt be possible without his help, he is my right hand here and work hard to this mod be stable and nice. Im always open for his suggestions but mainly the ideas came out from me. Nexela is the guy behind the code, make these turbines burn different fuels with variable outputs arent an easy thing to do. Also he have his own mods to care about.

I didnt read about Arch666angels thank me about that, usually i thank HIM to help me in the beginning, he showed me the path and some examples, if wasn't him, i would never started all this. I did some tips about chemistry (im a biochemistry teacher RL) but he did way more to me than i did for him.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Credits: -pyanodon for his help and advice in diving into chemistry
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... spetrochem
Read this :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

After Coal, here the most used resource in this mod. Keep your coal production running, but never forget GLASS.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:After Coal, here the most used resource in this mod. Keep your coal production running, but never forget GLASS.

Oh great very great, :) but where we can use these tons of glass after all? Glass is nice but its often using for electronics or for bio farms in bob's green house or in bio industries mod

Return to “PyMods”