pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote:Yeah exactly that, if you go with real life counterparts there will be always someone complaining about that it is not done right ^^
You got it! Thanks!

Well well... this resource doesnt form deposits...it´s very mixed in the underground. We must extract large amounts of ground and purify to extract the precious Nexelit xD

Meet the Ground Borer!

Build such big machine is expensive and demands constant lubrication and coalgas to work, also you need to keep the drillers new. The first stage to process this rare mineral is extract from underground. Also, you can research and use the borer to extract even small trace amounts of the game minerals for emergency needs.
Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Tomik wrote: Bla bla bla
Yes it's all really interesting but i'm still waiting working green science tier at this mod

However it will be inconvenient when there are 0.15 version, it is necessary to remake much everything then, is really sad if remaking takes 3 more months or more again, i just want to equip my factory with PY technologies in 0.14 version :D

OMG, nice industrial excavator, :idea: I think that we need essentially new graphics for drills, reaaly beutifull
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Yes it's all really interesting but i'm still waiting working green science tier at this mod

However it will be inconvenient when there are 0.15 version, it is necessary to remake much everything then, is really sad if remaking takes 3 more months or more again, i just want to equip my factory with PY technologies in 0.14 version :D

OMG, nice industrial excavator, :idea: I think that we need essentially new graphics for drills, reaaly beutifull

I think Nexela is waiting the 0.15 release to get down to that mod to release it officially. Hehehe i imagine both me and Nexela work over factorio mods in our freetime. Is natural take some time because that, im just a graphic guy and i will keep modeling to complete this mod. Lets see the 0.15 code bomb and how big the damage will be.
pY Coal processing mod

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

pyanodon wrote:Image
My fiancee said this looks like a ball bath :mrgreen:
10/10

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Xeanoa wrote:
pyanodon wrote:Image
My fiancee said this looks like a ball bath :mrgreen:
10/10

Dont jump there. Respect the warning lines XD
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

This thing must be huge i think

Plans for Nexelit? What we can do in future with this wonder-bind-element?

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

I just noticed the grinder is clipping through the pipes that lead into the hole.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Its interesting - we can extract earth with special drill in Yuoki industries mod, this is duplicating its function, i don't may be its bad may be its good :roll: :|

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:This thing must be huge i think

Plans for Nexelit? What we can do in future with this wonder-bind-element?

It is... a 9X9 thing. Nexelit is planned to be a alloy compound to make super-alloys. The blue tier buildings all will need some kind of super-alloy to be made and some to keep it working (unfortunately, Nexelit reacts too much and degrades itself)
Xeanoa wrote:I just noticed the grinder is clipping through the pipes that lead into the hole.
Yes...it is...but no way i will render all that again..that building gave me sooooo much work to build. XD
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Its interesting - we can extract earth with special drill in Yuoki industries mod, this is duplicating its function, i don't may be its bad may be its good :roll: :|

we wont use that to extract soil...i already have a soil extractor to chrome chain. This borer will dig into underground reserves and will produce raw ores.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ttricky question, we'll have desulfurization process in our mod but where to use so many sulfur? i can produce really many sulphuric acid in angel mods, and i'm using shiny bobs where recipe for explosives was changed for some reasons, strange idea, Nexela tells me that it was error with compatibility if i understood right
And where we can use big amount of sulphuric acid? Any ideas for ur mod?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Ttricky question, we'll have desulfurization process in our mod but where to use so many sulfur? i can produce really many sulphuric acid in angel mods, and i'm using shiny bobs where recipe for explosives was changed for some reasons, strange idea, Nexela tells me that it was error with compatibility if i understood right

Nexelit enrichment will need it. You can also use the FTS-reactor to convert sulphuric acid to other things as side product. Lots of sulfur will be used in energy acumulators.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Ttricky question, we'll have desulfurization process in our mod but where to use so many sulfur? i can produce really many sulphuric acid in angel mods, and i'm using shiny bobs where recipe for explosives was changed for some reasons, strange idea, Nexela tells me that it was error with compatibility if i understood right

Nexelit enrichment will need it. You can also use the FTS-reactor to convert sulphuric acid to other things as side product. Lots of sulfur will be used in energy acumulators.
U will have a Homeric laughter :mrgreen: but at me and so about 20% of my base occupy fields with accumulators which I already can create from vanilla batteries - because I am at war and at night I need energy for my laser turrets

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

U will have a Homeric laughter :mrgreen: but at me and so about 20% of my base occupy fields with accumulators which I already can create from vanilla batteries - because I am at war and at night I need energy for my laser turrets

My accumulators will be level 3 tier and will save space. Will need good amounts of sulfur to be built ^_^
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: My accumulators will be level 3 tier and will save space. Will need good amounts of sulfur to be built ^_^
Ooooooooooo don't worry my inventive pragmatic friend :lol: , my sulfuric waste water can get us indecently large amount of sulfur, your eyes will get out on a forehead believe me, sulfur reminds now a certain similarity of weeds which you weed and all of them grow and grow and it is difficult to get rid of sulfur
it is similar that Arch666Angel thought a little that we will have a sulfur surplus when created the angel's refining mod, i don't want to offend him but for know sulfur is big problem for me, and as for sulfuric acid that it deep studying of technologies of high tier is required to apply that widely hat is a little problematic and costly on time
I think stack of sulfur must be 200 but not 50, because iron stack is 200, just compare their dimensions

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey people, i have a question which isn't relating to a subject of our conversation but which all the same nevertheless hunting to consider as Arch66Angel thought up a concept of a resource - thermal water - in principle it is natural clear water how it is possible to get it commercially?

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

I just "stumbled" across this mod, just beginning to get deeper into it and yet... i have to say, this is absolute marvelous! With Factorio i started barely a month ago and therefore im not, yet, looking for rather extreme overhauls like bob/yuoki (and the likes).
But the vanilla PowerProduction-System gets stale/boring veeeery fast. And outside the big mods, there is no really nice addition to PP. -KS Power and Nucular add some indeed nice stuff, but there is still much more room.

Anyway, thank you very much for all your effort and time put into this! -Is there by the way a possibility to donate?
Last edited by OldFritz on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

OldFritz wrote:I just "stumbled" across this mod, just beginning to get deeper into it and yet... i have to say, this is absolute marvelous! With Factorio i started barely a month ago and therefore im not, yet, looking for rather extreme overhauls like bob/yuoki (and the likes).
But the vanilla PowerProduction-System gets stale/boring veeeery fast. And outside the big mods, there is no really nice addition to PP. -KS Power and Nucular add some indeed nice stuff, but there is still much more room.

Anyway, thank you very much for all your effort and time put into this! -Is there by the way to donate?

Thank you! We´re doing our best to deliver a nice and complete mod. :) Is always great to read feedbacks like that. No need to donate for now, i dunno if nexela have a system to donate to him, he sure deserves that :)
pY Coal processing mod

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

In hoping not to make me look like a complete fool, yet wanting to ask a "main" question;

As for now, the baseline of "coal processing mk01" provides tar(->creosote) for medium powerpoles and syngas for burning. Ironoxide and coke as products for future processing.

Am i correct so far?
I do ask this, because of the incorporated work with angel'smod and bob. For the moment i am not yet satiated with the vanilla plate of products (well kinda... beyond,spacemod,nucular are on board to expand a little bit), and looking into JUST bobs was a bit overwhelming. *g*

If the interpretation was correct, would it be best to simply store; ironoxide, coke and tar(creosote) in massive tanks/chests?

Again, pardon me if i'm overlooking some major point.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

OldFritz wrote:In hoping not to make me look like a complete fool, yet wanting to ask a "main" question;

As for now, the baseline of "coal processing mk01" provides tar(->creosote) for medium powerpoles and syngas for burning. Ironoxide and coke as products for future processing.

Am i correct so far?
I do ask this, because of the incorporated work with angel'smod and bob. For the moment i am not yet satiated with the vanilla plate of products (well kinda... beyond,spacemod,nucular are on board to expand a little bit), and looking into JUST bobs was a bit overwhelming. *g*

If the interpretation was correct, would it be best to simply store; ironoxide, coke and tar(creosote) in massive tanks/chests?

Again, pardon me if i'm overlooking some major point.

Yes you´re correct. Please use the most recent release (BETA) we posted some pages ago to make sure you have all things :) Iron Oxide can be burned in any furnace to produce iron plates...and coke can be used as burn fuel to boilers and such. Tar can be processed in the beta release and creosote for now is used only for rails and posts. Soon more uses.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”