Question - Py Alternative Energy - Molten Salt disappears?

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

spacedreamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Question - Py Alternative Energy - Molten Salt disappears?

Post by spacedreamer »

Some 350 hours in and started using the coal power plants and molten salt recipes.

However, it has now happened twice that the closed molten salt loop I created for the powerplants (Recipes show zero salt loss) that my salt buffer of around 8k (excl. 1k internal storage per power plant) has gone "poof!" after hours of gameplay?

Is there some rounding that doesn't show up or something, but in actuality you are required to keep your salt loop topped up, similarly as you need to do with the coke gas for heated air?

Thx!

spacedreamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Question - Py Alternative Energy - Molten Salt disappears?

Post by spacedreamer »

So, I've been tinkering around in my cold molten salt/hot molten salt loop for my coal power plants and I removed the buffer tank from the cold molten salt part of the loop.

The salt volume seems more of less steady now. No significant loss of the molten salt in the closed loop.

Based on what I've observed is that I suspect (disclaimer, i'm not a programmer) that due to the constant cycling and the cold molten salt loop basically always being extremely low volume values/empty something like a rounding or cut-off "event" is happening.

1.4 could be 1 or 2, depending on how rounding is performed. 1.5 would become 2.

With cut-off both 1.4 and 1.5 would become 1.

My suspicion is that because of the low volumes of cold molten salt being cycled every time something like this occurs, ever slightly reducing the salt volume in the closed loop.

In any case, I'll keep a spare train with molten salt handy in case I do require a top off at some point.

D0rus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Question - Py Alternative Energy - Molten Salt disappears?

Post by D0rus »

Yes, there are some rounding errors that require you to keep this loop topped up from time to time. It's not much, but it's enough to dry out the loop if you have no mechanism to top it up. I've seen some discussions on it and it's not something that can be fixed.

Return to “PyMods”