Can't find a way to use Py Recommended Settings on dedicated server

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

inick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Can't find a way to use Py Recommended Settings on dedicated server

Post by inick »

I've googled for a week. I can't seem to use the right keywords, Py included and excluded, to apply the Pyanodon recommended settings (world-gen) from a headless CLI server.

Some recommend uploading a savefile with the settings already set, I know I can modify each individual setting to copy the recommended settings, but - I am unable to locate to apply these settings - even if someone would prefer to use Island or deathworld settings (NOT related to Py).

The default .example config files for mapgen, map-settings, and server-settings say nothing about these settings.

Is my googling that bad?
And you can thank "Simon Plays" on YouTube to show enough of your mods that make me play it now. And enjoying it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCLZII9WNs

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

inick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can't find a way to use Py Recommended Settings on dedicated server

Post by inick »

So, I copied the settings instead. Attached are the two files for pyAE: pyalienlife 2.1.9, pyalternativeenergy 1.2.6, pycoalprocessing 2.1.4, pyfusionenergy 2.0.6, pyhightech 2.0.10, pyindustry 2.0.10, pypetroleumhandling 2.1.10, pypostprocessing 0.2.13, pyrawores 2.4.10 on Factorio 1.1.87

Since Py was a sneaky devil and uses a for loop to set the resources, I had to reformat and copy settings. I couldn't do math in .json, so I did the math and put in the product value myself.

You'll need to specify --map-gen-settings and --map-settings to the headless server when you --create.

enjoy the hours, I am!
Attachments
map-settings.pyanodon.json
map-settings
(3.8 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
map-gen-settings.pyanodon.json
map-gen-settings
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Return to “PyMods”