Limits of the Logistic Network

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Komory
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Limits of the Logistic Network

Post by Komory »

Until now ( 500h+) I have playd fullpy (without AE) mostly without trains, it is a spageti factory but I like it, and it works quite well. But I ran into more and more problems recently, so I started to use logistik mk2 bots to assist me, and they help alot, so much infact, that I thinking I should rebuild parts of my factory to use them even more. The number of robots itself is hardly an issue, at least right now, and I woudn't mind some fps dropps later. but i started to wonder is there a maximum of diffrent items a network can handel. Or a maximum of chests/diffrent requests it can handel. I would still use belts to transport all items I need in large amounts, and still use pips for all the fluids and gases, but all the hundrerts or over 1000 diffrent smaller things... so I was wondering, how many diffrent items the game can handel. Are robots in combination with belts/pipes a real alternitiv to trains in late game. What are the limits in pyanodon? Anyone have any experiance.

Sorry for bad english, thanks in advance and greeting from switzerland

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Limits of the Logistic Network

Post by mrvn »

The limiting factor for the logistic network is normally the charging ports and distance. Having all goods in the logistic networks and 10k bots is no problem.

But a logistic network spanning 100 chunks will become dead slow. Not FPS/UPS wise but simply because the bots will have to travel so far. If something needs 1 stone it will take minutes to arrive. You can combat that by increasing the request sizes, buffer more in the requester chests, but that is another type of waste.

It's best to build many smaller logistic networks, keep everything local. Like make a train station for your small parts factory and then within that factory use bots. But don't connect the roboports to other parts of your base.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Limits of the Logistic Network

Post by BlueTemplar »

With pY AL you also later get alternative logistic options like cargo flying xenowhales and «underground» giant xenoworm «logistic stations».
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”