Formic acid recipe??

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

LanyonAsh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Formic acid recipe??

Post by LanyonAsh »

So I've recently decided to return to Factorio after a long hiatus. Last time I played I did a full Angel/Bob game and had a blast. This time around I wanted a greater challenge, so I opted for the big daddy: Pyanodon's full suite.

I've come to a point in my save where I'm very curious about Formic Acid though. Looking up certain posts and images of other people's factories online, I have seen quite clearly that when producing Latex, a recipe for Formic Acid was being used that included Iron Plate, Copper Plate, Water, and Carbon Dioxide. This recipe also shows up in the Pyanodon preset in Foreman 2.0.

However, in my game, this recipe doesn't exist. In fact, using FNEI, literally the ONLY way to produce Formic Acid with first tier (Automation) Science is through a complicated pathway rendering Vrauk once you've researched Rendering.

I'll with it as I have to... but after seeing other posts and pictures of factories where this other,. easier recipe was used to make Formic Acid, my curiosity is killing me and I NEED to know: what the heck happened to that recipe? When was it removed? WHY was it removed?

Thanks all!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Formic acid recipe??

Post by kingarthur »

I threw it in the trash. It was to easy and voided the need for vrauks completely. It got replaced with a different chemical recipe you can unlock later after doing the vruak method.

Anything you saw with that removed recipe would have been pre 2.0 which just released recently

Return to “PyMods”