Idea for ultra late game Pymod

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Kashius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Idea for ultra late game Pymod

Post by Kashius »

I posted this in the Pymod discord but I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

In the far future, I was imagining a Pymod that is a conglomeration of some of the best Factorio mods out there.

With a Space Exploration integration, you could have rare resources and enemies gated behind travel to other planets (thereby preserving the existing "biterless" Pymod gameplay).

Each planet could have one or more rare or alien resources with different alien races (think the Zerg and Protoss) living on them.

Evolution could take days IRL instead of minutes and maybe adding a system where an attack is telegraphed (like in Riftbreaker) so you can prepare well in advance. Some enemies may also not telegraph their attacks (Protoss) to add difficulty

You could even add RPG elements via the RPG mod so you would progress your inventory space, damage, speed etc.

Also because the mods already exist, maybe it would be less work to get them working together?

What does everyone think?

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Idea for ultra late game Pymod

Post by factoriogame1121 »

I think so:

Each mod developer brings into his brainchild elements of his own views, a part of his soul, if you will. When his creation is of high quality, processed from all sides, then it is completely self-sufficient in itself. The mixing of global modifications makes a significant impact on this integrity. The balance, technical and aesthetic, verified by the author can be violated and the gameplay will turn into jumping from one possibilities, to completely alien to the first, and vice versa.

Space Exploration, I looked a little, are of very high quality and carry (as it seemed at first glance at least) a completely harmonious structure. The idea of ​​various "explorations, discoveries (singularity, materials, etc.)" is great. And, besides, I, too, with all my hands for the fact that the late game expansion was added to PyMods (I wrote about this in my thread "Thanks Py and a couple of ideas"). And if the respected Pyanodon does not make such an extension, then yes, it is worth somehow being content with mixing global modifications (if someone combines them).

But in my understanding, Pyanodon mods is a holistic work of art and I think only he will make the late game truly amazing and new, in his own spirit - I dream of seeing what the late game would look like in his performance. And mixing mods, in my opinion, is an extreme option in the absence of alternatives. Something like "well, at least this way." And even then, probably all the same I would not have done that, for my launch of the game, at least.

Return to “PyMods”