[Alienlife] Cages vanishing (auogs)

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

NameLips
Inserter
Inserter

[Alienlife] Cages vanishing (auogs)

Post by NameLips »

I'm collecting a chestful of auogs so I can make a proper farm. I made a very simple setup with a auog paddock making caged auogs with the early game recipe (doesn't require auog food). It outputs the caged auog to an assembling machine (the base game one, not a py Automated Factory). Then it puts the auog into a chest (with a filter inserter) and the cage back into the auog paddock (with a regular inserter).

I fed the loop a single cage, since that should be all it needed. Then I went away for an hour and came back to see how many auogs I had -- and there were only 3 auogs in the chest, and the loop had stopped working. The cage had vanished. It wasn't in the chest, the assembling machine, or the paddock.

I also swear one time I watched the paddock finish a production cycle, export the caged auog, and the auog itself vanished (but the cage was properly recycled).

So maybe there's some sort of bug with the "Auog MK 01" recipe?

PS: Also, btw, you are an absolute madman for creating this. I never even finished launching a rocket in the older py mod collection, before Alien Life, and I tried several times. I don't know why I like torturing myself like this. Kudos!

NameLips
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Alienlife] Cages vanishing (auogs)

Post by NameLips »

Never mind, I figured it out. The recipe in the paddock has a 70% chance of producing a caged auog. Which means 30% of the time, it will simply consume all ingredients (including the cage) and produce nothing.

So the time it looked like it didn't make an auog, but I thought it still recycled the cage, I must have simply been mistaken.

Return to “PyMods”